Just sent invoice 1001

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Just sent invoice 1001

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:54 pm

Big milestone for me! A thousand jobs!

Actually I hit it a while ago as not all jobs required an official invoice, but still pretty cool to have over 1000 invoices. 10 hours average per gig is reasonable, maybe I've hit that 10,000 hours thing

Coincidentally, I just moved my office/studio at exactly the same time, have a new setup.

I like when things sync like that :D

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:47 pm

Sorry bro. I ain’t paying it...

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:12 pm

Sending the 1,001'th follow invoice for the one shitty job they still dont want to pay for isnt cause for brags brah

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:00 pm

Masato wrote:Big milestone for me! A thousand jobs!

Actually I hit it a while ago as not all jobs required an official invoice, but still pretty cool to have over 1000 invoices. 10 hours average per gig is reasonable, maybe I've hit that 10,000 hours thing

Coincidentally, I just moved my office/studio at exactly the same time, have a new setup.

That's awesome. Do you still enjoy your work as much as the first one?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:07 pm

Shinkicker wrote:
Masato wrote:Big milestone for me! A thousand jobs!

That's awesome. Do you still enjoy your work as much as the first one?

Feels totally different. I first went freelance (starting writing my own invoices) when my first kid was born, then it was all about making money 4 the fam and just trying to maintain relevance in a freelance market. Not long ago I started getting bored of it, getting burned out, I was cutting corners and not caring too much about the craft just keeping up with bills and pumping out the work.

But recently I've become re-inspired and all of a sudden have a desire to improve my skills, I see illustrators who do the same work but are maybe 10 years up on me and their stuff is really great. So now I'm sort of reinvigorated and want to try to get to where those guys are at, trying to cut less corners and actually try to consciously improve myself. I don't like that I work for advertising commercials, but I do appreciate the craft of drawing and painting, trying to get better at it in general and was forgetting that my job is actually perfect practice for sharpening abilities. Some of the veterans who do/did ad work for a long time are some of the most badass artists around, they know how to paint/draw really fast and clean, smart etc.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:06 pm

Here is my new office;

We will have my wife's parents staying with us for a while come September, so it was somehow arranged that I give up my office to make a bedroom, and I've been banished to the basement. We had a tiny and filthy little furnace room full of junk in the very back basement corner of the house that we cleaned out and turned it into an office. I am JUST settling in and am starting to dig it

Phase 1:

Phase 2:
I did NOT do this myself by the way... I help and watch/learn when i can but I am much more productive to keep doing the things I'm good at and leave this stuff to the experts who know what they're doing. They had to bash a hole in the wall to make a window. Can you imagine me trying something like that? lol my house would fall down

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:18 pm

Here is the finished room, I stayed up late a few nights ago, put on some tunes and put my pictures up. This is a sort of ritual for me, I used to move around a lot when I was younger, but carried a collection of pictures and images from magazines and posters etc from place to place. Each time I'd put some new ones up, or only pick what was inspiring at the time depending on what was going on etc... the corners of all my posters and pics have so many thumbtack holes in them lol Always one of my favorite things to do. You should have seen some of my bachelor apartments they were awesome, every inch of wall cluttered with cool things to look at. My places were always the best to trip out in, lol :D

But I've been settled now for so long it had been a long time. I don't do it quite as ratty as I used to, maybe a bit more grown up ( :? ), but still super fun to do it again, each picture is like a sigil or totem giving me power and inspiration. Now I'm all charged up, lol looking forward to the next bunch of years before I have to move again

Little corner in the back for my lifedrawings:

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:02 pm

That's a cool space.

I think you can appreciate being a basement dweller. Especially while the inlaws are there. :)

Do they know you smoke?

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:52 pm

Hey Masato, why dont you just hang your passport and other cat 1 ID up on your wall and post pics of it while trying to remain anon?

Hint hint..

Sorry I cant see that you FB with any of us so im assuming youre trying to stay anon?

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:39 am

Vutulaki wrote:Hey Masato, why dont you just hang your passport and other cat 1 ID up on your wall and post pics of it while trying to remain anon?

Hint hint..

Sorry I cant see that you FB with any of us so im assuming youre trying to stay anon?

You could make those out?

I may need glasses. :geek:

Return to “Anarchy Zone”