Masato
Site Admin

Re: Happy Father's Day!!

Postby Masato » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:47 pm

^ I predicted that reply, lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:44 pm

On a related note, my brother just had a court case yesterday where he can finally try to see his kids again.

They haven't seen their dad in over a year, his ex blocked them off and brainwashed them to go along with it. Didn't cooperate with any visitation meetings or family ambassadors or whatever you call them. After so long he can finally exercise some legal rights to ensure visitation.

He said it went well but don't know the details.

Tough stuff

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:29 pm

:mrgreen:
Masato wrote:
Som-Pong wrote:Spent my childhood rebelling against my dad. Started getting along a couple of years before he died, now I wish I hadn't been such a little shit.

This is wisdom in a nutshell. Been thinking a lot about this one, appreciate the straight talk here

Like it or not, our parents are a huge part of who we are, where we came from etc. Its part of our life story! How can anyone understand and be happy with themselves if they have not come to accept/make peace with where we came from? Like building up characters in Act 1 of a story but then never following up lol

Both my (only) brother and I split as fast as we could after highschool, my family is sort of a loosely scattered net of individuals, not a lot of glue holding them together. All uncles/cousins are sort of 'every man for themselves' kind of lives. My Dad is the same (only child), he's quite happy on his own and doesn't communicate much which I often interpreted as indifference, so I also learned indifference so we could spend years apart and neither gave much fucks lol

My wife's family is the opposite, they are glued at the hip, parents and children are inseparable, even when some live in a different hemisphere. I learned a lot through them about different scales of family structure and function/disfunction

My brother's ex wife and my parents did not get along, so he kind of broke with them to protect his family from fights and drama... but now that they split my bro is re-connecting after like 20 years of fights and distance. Feels good to see.

I remember when I was younger and guilty of not calling my parents in years, I met these Irish/Scottish guys who talked about how its a man's duty to be good to his mother, no matter how crazy they are, through thick and thin because well they're your mother. Took me a few more years to understand what they meant.

Thanks for sharing, Masato

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:07 am

Masato wrote:On a related note, my brother just had a court case yesterday where he can finally try to see his kids again.

They haven't seen their dad in over a year, his ex blocked them off and brainwashed them to go along with it. Didn't cooperate with any visitation meetings or family ambassadors or whatever you call them. After so long he can finally exercise some legal rights to ensure visitation.

He said it went well but don't know the details.

Tough stuff

Good shit, poor kids missed out on a year of a parent when they didnt have to

Return to “Anarchy Zone”