Hardcore Bullfighter

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Hardcore Bullfighter

Postby Masato » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:20 pm

Hey all

I can't watch these bullfighting vids anymore watching the bullfighters get mauled, but stumbled on news of this guy who recently got mauled

Legendary Bullfighter Juan Jose Padilla:

Legendary bullfighter mauled and scalped by bull in horrific accident
https://www.rt.com/news/432352-spanish- ... -incident/

What struck me was HOW MANY TIMES this dude has been mauled;

- Recently had a piece of his scalp torn off

- Wounded 38 times prior to the incident in Arevalo.

- He nearly died in 2001 when, during a bullfight in Pamplona, a bull pierced him in the throat.

- He lost his eye in 2011 after a bull gored him in Zaragoza. That fight also ended for Padilla with a broken jaw and skull, as well as loss of hearing in his right ear.

- Last year, he was gored in Valencia. A bull pierced him in the thigh and chest, leaving Padilla with a punctured lung.

I had no idea such characters existed in bullfighting. I would have thought 1 or 2 experiences would retire these guys, never thought there would be dudes that keep coming back for more.

Is this part of the attraction? The larger-than-life characters, like PRIDE fighters we love to see come back after horrible beatings?

Bizarre

not posting the videos, you can find them in the link ^^

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Yes, the similarity to the Pride cans is definitely there. This guy takes more damage than Daijiro Matsui.
el rey del mambo

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:31 pm

There's a reason they're admired.

Lester Burnham

Postby Lester Burnham » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:43 pm

Talk about being an extreme adrenal junkie. I wonder if he is old enough to start considering his future now.

I watch these MMA guys jumping through hoops for the UFC and only getting rewarded with crumbs. I wonder at what point they start considering their health for their future. It's just not worth it to me. So few UFC guys ever really make enough to be set up for life. You pretty much have to make it into the top 5 and stay there for awhile if you don't win a title.

Hopefully this bullfighter wakes up and thinks about what comes next. You can't fight 1200 pound animals forever and not get killed.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”