Let's talk benders, alcohol and drug fueled benders

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Let's talk benders, alcohol and drug fueled benders

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:13 pm

Lester Burnham wrote:
I think that you have done a pretty good job here. I wish more people would join in.

I wish there was an ignore feature though. Sometimes when somebody is obviously a troll or an asshole it's best to not even see their comments any more. Some people feel differently about that though.

Anyways, keep up the good work, Matsato!

Yeah I don't like ignore functions. I like to think of the principles of the forum as a reflection of reality, how best to handle one's self and deal with others in a society/community. Putting people on ignore gives a false/filtered perception of what's really there. You can't put things and people in real life on ignore, they are there we need to face it. Otherwise you get sheltered MSM type realities where everything just feeds your little world and if something beyond it leaks through it becomes overly shocking and triggering

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:41 pm

Masato wrote:You see once you start how fast it goes that way. I've seen it on other forums as well

Its tempting to try to take control and censor/thought police sometimes, but I've thought this through, they all lead down the same self destructive path eventually. This forum decided to take a stand and not go that way. Whether people abuse it and degenerate it, or appreciate it and make it awesome, we will get what we deserve

There's a price you pay for Freedom/Anarchy but imo it's a far lesser price than the opposite in the long run

Having spent time on a completely uncensored MMA forum (cameldog) I learnt there is definitely a right and wrong way to run a community, but I don't think there is much risk of this place becoming anything like that, you're a good dude Masato and that goes a long way. Plus all of us joined for you.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:47 pm

Tell us about your experiences at CamelDog. Always curious how different forums run and evolve. I’ve been a part of several over the years, I find it a fascinating media but tend to see the same patterns happen in them.

Lester Burnham

Postby Lester Burnham » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:10 pm

Masato wrote:
Lester Burnham wrote:
I think that you have done a pretty good job here. I wish more people would join in.

I wish there was an ignore feature though. Sometimes when somebody is obviously a troll or an asshole it's best to not even see their comments any more. Some people feel differently about that though.

Anyways, keep up the good work, Matsato!

Yeah I don't like ignore functions. I like to think of the principles of the forum as a reflection of reality, how best to handle one's self and deal with others in a society/community. Putting people on ignore gives a false/filtered perception of what's really there. You can't put things and people in real life on ignore, they are there we need to face it. Otherwise you get sheltered MSM type realities where everything just feeds your little world and if something beyond it leaks through it becomes overly shocking and triggering

I spent the last year taking care of my mom who broke her arm and then developed a bad case of dementia. She couldn't do much for herself other than watch TV. I rarely got 4 hours of uninterupted sleep and I barely had time for myself. It was one of the most stressful times of my life. When I did come onto the MMA forums the last thing I felt like doing was dealing with idiots. In real life you can just leave or avoid them. In an online forum it's not as easy so an ignore feature on the UG/OG was invaluable to me. I was too tired and beat down at that point and that feature made the forums usable.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:13 pm

^^ hmm I can see that

Another difference is in real life you can take someone out back and shut his mouth, lol on forums you just have to keep taking it

Good on ya for being a good son

Lester Burnham

Postby Lester Burnham » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:57 pm

^^Easy to do when you have a great mom.

I don't think this thread went in the intended direction. Blame Vutu for suspending his story without finishing it.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:46 am

But as you see here, being bad isn't much fun unless you have a 'good guy' getting on your ass.

Wild 's post was awesome. I could make a 250 word post on all the ways it was perfect. But I won't.

In a nutshell, it was a much needed 'shake'. With splint and wild, it felt like good cop/bad cop. It was a week+ of fun for both sides.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:45 pm

SMH..

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:57 pm

Lester Burnham wrote:^^Easy to do when you have a great mom.

I don't think this thread went in the intended direction. Blame Vutu for suspending his story without finishing it.

The joke is over Anti you little swamp rat bastard, lol welcome back you can take your mask off now..

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:56 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Lester Burnham wrote:^^Easy to do when you have a great mom.

The joke is over Anti you little swamp rat bastard, lol welcome back you can take your mask off now..

Have you ever worn the mask?

M to the A to the S to the K

Return to “Anarchy Zone”