goin back to BC

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Folks doin' rough

Postby Masato » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:42 pm

No one knows how long she will last right now. She has some tests in Nov that will supposedly give a better estimate.

She could last quite a while if things slow down, but her decision to not have a feeding tube put in means that as soon as she can't swallow food on her own means it'll go pretty fast. Docs say she has to do this now or never because her lungs are getting too weak for anesthetic for the surgery.

I like Canuckster's idea, lol

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:04 am

My condolences Mas. Remember, she will live on in you and your family.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:56 am

I have no issues with death. I have contemplated it quite deeply for many years, even had some intense psychedelic experiences in my youth that took away my fears.

I only fear that others have fear of it, and of physical/mental/emotional suffering for anyone as we approach it. Perhaps I will feel different when the time comes, maybe the grieving will hit me harder than expected but for now my only grievance is for the sadness of my dad/brother/family and of course my mom. Though if I see clearly she is much the same as me, and seems to be facing it with great courage and acceptance

Interesting times... thanks everyone, this crazy little forum is a pretty good bunch.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:37 am

So are you nearby her?

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:50 am

Really nothing to be done about it and resisting crossing the desert will only make the journey more arduous.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:11 pm

Vutulaki wrote:So are you nearby her?

No. I am far away. This is an issue. Apparently they have plenty of physical help, no need to come and assist with day-to-day needs, but of course time together with family in these times is invaluable

Problem is I have to keep up with my own family needs and expenses, I will have to make a choice when is the right time to drop things here and go out. When? For how long? At what cost? How will I know when its time to go? Should I bring the whole family (at a financial cost I am nowhere near to being able to afford)? Will anyone there have the humility to actually ask me to come when they desire it? Will I be too late?

All hard questions I don't have answers to. Will just have to feel it, stay in touch and make the decision when it comes.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:25 pm

In BC now for 1 week. Not long enough, folks need tons of help. Mom can barely move anymore. Had to feed her today.

She has this hoist machine to help get her in and out of bed, in and out of wheelchair, and to the bathroom it’s a nice machine I guess but still get cumbersome. Hard to move a body around, even if it’s withered to 90 lbs.

Super weird. Strange days. Don’t take your health and mobility for granted

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:17 pm

- Sorry for that, Masato!
I know that isnt gonna help, but memories are our most valuable treasure. So she will live forever on your memories.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:59 pm

The dying part does not bother me. It’s the suffering, difficulties, stress and pain while they are still alive that hurts the most. Their life is crazy now man. Really weird to jump from a life that is super fast paced and full to a life that is super slow and difficult to just get simple things done.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:02 am

Dad’s eyesight is having issues so he can’t drive. that changes everything

Return to “Anarchy Zone”