It has begun, robot drywallers

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Megaterio Llamas

Re: It has begun, robot drywallers

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:52 am

Ned Ludd warned us all about this.....but did we listen?

Nooooo.
el rey del mambo

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:54 am

Canuckster wrote:Once they streamline this tech, if you don't think large builders won't be using these things running 24/7 to do manual labor your crazy,

Remember how expensive, clunky and poor the first cell phones were? I do and people still ate that shit up even though it wasn't cost effective, it made things more convenient and now look where we are with it.

He's a fucking moron, checkout chics are way cheaper than drywallers yet their work for automated.

A true know it all spastic of the highest order..

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:34 pm

Showed this to my contractor/builder friend. He didn’t see it as a reality. Says even simple task like drywall if often requires some creativity, cutting and fitting when the sheets don’t fit exactly in awkward corners etc. Says he knows guys who can do 100 sheets a day, could not believe a robot could keep up and do a good job, make adjustments on the fly etc.

Robots taking over jobs is a serious concern but I do think there are tons of jobs that require a human to think and problem solve etc on site, you won’t get the same care and reliability for lots of things.

I’ve thought the same about my own job, lots of it has been replaced by tech but in the end no AI can match hand drawn stuff for specific needs

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Custom homes maybe, but I disagree, you will see ai take over these jobs
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

penxv

Postby penxv » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:51 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Canuckster wrote:Once they streamline this tech, if you don't think large builders won't be using these things running 24/7 to do manual labor your crazy,

Remember how expensive, clunky and poor the first cell phones were? I do and people still ate that shit up even though it wasn't cost effective, it made things more convenient and now look where we are with it.

Oe's a fucking moron, checkout chics are way cheaper than drywallers yet their work for automated.

Damn, Shlomo... why are you so mad?

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:27 am

penxv wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

Oe's a fucking moron, checkout chics are way cheaper than drywallers yet their work for automated.

Damn, Shlomo... why are you so mad?

Im gonna fold your bluffing hand someday you chicken shit motherfucker

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:25 pm

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”