White Dude Reaction To Getting Called "Wigger"

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: White Dude Reaction To Getting Called "Wigger"

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:25 pm

What's worse is when people willingly sacrifice their own grammar for it, start talkin' like; 'Where he at?" etc

Mainstream media has been selling dumbness as coolness for too long imo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Luigi wrote:
Masato wrote:As much as I hate the over-saturation of race related threads here (honestly don’t know if y’all are just trolling/trying to ruin this place or if you truly don’t have any other interests in life...), I do have another comment on this particular issue

Sometimes I don’t think that the ‘fake black accent’ is only adopted by white folk. Many times I don’t understand why a black person who grew up in the same street/school etc should have any considerably different way of speaking than his peers just because of his skin color.

I get upset sometimes when I catch my kids watching tv, and even in cartoons, the black characters ALWAYS have that distinctly different accent. Most of the time even highly exaggerated. Why? Do they have to? Is the way we speak genetically/racially influenced? I don’t think so. Why should black people feel compelled to adopt a way of speaking that is any different from their environment? Unless you are from a legit black American neighbourhood, or raised by parents from a legit black neighbourhood, it seems that it’s just TV influence telling people that black people have to talk like that.

Just more propaganda continuing to push racial differences and divide. Like some of the members here lol

Black people have a distinct dialect because for most of the last 400+ years they lived in the American South. Notice Appalachian English shares many features with Black Vernacular English. The thing is though, I know a good amount of people who like southern country music, but not one of them started talking like a cowboy to be cool lol

haha yes that's the point. Many people legitimately grow up with this way of speaking, it is natural and learned. I'm talking about those who adopt it by choice when it is not natural to their upbringing. Those who force it/fake it to create an identity they think is cooler than their own.

I like Mega's idea of why country music fans don't do this lol

Be yourselves, people! Be honest with who you are/where you come from

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:35 pm

dont be frontin masato, im fina kick your ass

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:17 pm

Skookum Charlie wrote:Tammanass! The young Brother Ray get caught up in Seghalie Chosen Tribe miracle works shamu in Big Smoke; come out half klale :(

Somebody call a damn ambulance
This nigga having a stroke or some shit

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:31 pm

^^ it’s pronounced; ‘amba-lamps’,

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:32 pm

Masato wrote:
Luigi wrote:
Masato wrote:As much as I hate the over-saturation of race related threads here (honestly don’t know if y’all are just trolling/trying to ruin this place or if you truly don’t have any other interests in life...), I do have another comment on this particular issue

Sometimes I don’t think that the ‘fake black accent’ is only adopted by white folk. Many times I don’t understand why a black person who grew up in the same street/school etc should have any considerably different way of speaking than his peers just because of his skin color.

I get upset sometimes when I catch my kids watching tv, and even in cartoons, the black characters ALWAYS have that distinctly different accent. Most of the time even highly exaggerated. Why? Do they have to? Is the way we speak genetically/racially influenced? I don’t think so. Why should black people feel compelled to adopt a way of speaking that is any different from their environment? Unless you are from a legit black American neighbourhood, or raised by parents from a legit black neighbourhood, it seems that it’s just TV influence telling people that black people have to talk like that.

Just more propaganda continuing to push racial differences and divide. Like some of the members here lol

Black people have a distinct dialect because for most of the last 400+ years they lived in the American South. Notice Appalachian English shares many features with Black Vernacular English. The thing is though, I know a good amount of people who like southern country music, but not one of them started talking like a cowboy to be cool lol

haha yes that's the point. Many people legitimately grow up with this way of speaking, it is natural and learned. I'm talking about those who adopt it by choice when it is not natural to their upbringing. Those who force it/fake it to create an identity they think is cooler than their own.

I like Mega's idea of why country music fans don't do this lol

Be yourselves, people! Be honest with who you are/where you come from

Again I dont get how people can say that those people are not being honest with themselves
You are making an assumption that it is "to be cool", I don't know about you guys, but where I live, you most definitely were not "cool" if you acted/dressed as a "wigger"
If you wanted to be "cool" when I grew up, you were a a preppy douchebag
Most of the people I knew who were preppy and cool, didnt start that way
Most of them saw the "cool" kids dressing a certain way and changed themselves to associate with them, that's somebody changing themselves to be cool

Personally I was wearing baggy clothes and shit and using hip hop slang since, fuck, 1987, before I even entered high school

People can say oh you changed to get cool but again those people are simply making assumptions
I've been the same since I was a kid in elementary school listening to krs-one, run dmc, rhakim, ect...
Eddie Vedder has an amazing line in one of his song
"I change by not changing at all"

@masato can you please tell me what staying true to yourself means and how can you determine if somebody is staying true to themselves only by their appearance
Some take it too far and it's easy to tell they are acting during a conversation but to only look at somebody and make a judgement is the real problem jmo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:36 pm

^^. Good post

Who we hang out with and the music scene we immerse ourselves in is totally part of ‘who we are’ and what shapes us

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:39 pm

Sometimes it’s not hard to see when someone is taking an act too far though... are they wearing the clothes, or are the clothes wearing them? Or if they take the street style speech and mannerisms just way too far. Are they the same when they are with their moms? Etc :)

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:43 pm

You wanna see some ghey shit, head to thailand and go to a hip hop club and watch africans (as in from Africa) and Indian dudes trying to pass themselves off as niggahs.

Worst part is that they arent fooling any thai sluts with that bullshit.

That said I pretended to like basketball in the 90's so I could fuck white chics, back then they had no clue what "black" was except it must mean dark skin (which I have), shit brown Philipino dudes were passing themselves off as niggahs but I cant recall anyone talking "black" we just played Bball, listened to hip hop (which we actually liked) and called ourselves black whenever we could throw it into a convo all the with a typical aussie accent though.

Fuck my teen years make me fucking cringe.

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:51 pm

Masato wrote:What's worse is when people willingly sacrifice their own grammar for it, start talkin' like; 'Where he at?" etc

Mainstream media has been selling dumbness as coolness for too long imo

A couple things here my friend

You used the word dumbness incorrectly, the word you were looking for was stupidity
Also, coolness is not the proper word for this sentence
The proper word would simply be cool

Love you :)

I just saw your last post before I posted this and honestly ya, the wearing the clothes or the clothes wearing them is a great point
That's very true

Just do me a favor and let's focus on them lol
I was called a wigger in high school for simply being myself and who I was before I even got there
Realize not every white person who talks/acts like that is trying to be something they are not
If I tried to wear tight ass clothes or talk like a "white guy" I wouldn't be being myself
I also dont talk like a complete idiot either

And ya, I act like that whether I'm with you guys, my parents, or billionaire CEOs

My view has always been, that's me, dont like it, kick rocks

Return to “Anarchy Zone”