Npc meme

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
penxv

Npc meme

Postby penxv » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:47 pm

I've been following this meme for about a week and it appears to have potential as a deprogramming tool but like anything that comes out of 4chan might be some kind of a spook program itself.

https://kotaku.com/how-the-npc-meme-tri ... 1829552261

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-45888176

http://www.npcsimulator.com

When anything starts to spread organically, it becomes Its own thing and people seem to be having fun with it. Some of the stuff ive seen has been pretty funny. It's usefulness is definitely being reduced by getting attached to Trump/alt-right politics and mean spiritedness.

I'm interested in hearing what EY's alts think about this meme.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:02 pm

Its pretty hilarious when the real lefties cant tell its as parody and agree with them. I saw a guy who wrote out a chant complete with clapping emojis that was basically "1, 2, 3, 4, ORANGE MAN IS VERY BAD" repeated over and over and it got some lefties repeating it lol

penxv

Postby penxv » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:16 pm

Luigi wrote:Its pretty hilarious when the real lefties cant tell its as parody and agree with them. I saw a guy who wrote out a chant complete with clapping emojis that was basically "1, 2, 3, 4, ORANGE MAN IS VERY BAD" repeated over and over and it got some lefties repeating it lol

People are really getting into it. Taking trolling to the streets.

http://iroots.org/2018/10/19/npc-signs- ... ers-event/

https://www.twitter.com/irootsorg/statu ... 32/video/1

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:43 pm

Great stuff
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:26 pm

I’ve been seeing these everywhere but admittedly I don’t understand the joke/context

Non-player character? What? I’m missing it... if someone understands the reference and how it’s being used in memes I would love someone to explain it to me

On a related note, I’ve heard it argued before that ‘the left can’t meme’... and starting to think it might be true. All the best memes, most clever ones are almost always consistently poking fun at the left, mocking globalists, Obama/Killary-lovers, sjw’s Etc. KO concepts, hilarious parodies and memes galore. ... but I never see it from the left. They can never seem to pull it off, I never see anything clever or impactful from them as I do from the right.

Why is this? It’s a really interesting question. Is it a trait of leftist brains that they are not creative or have no wit/sense of humour? Or is it a reflection of the ideals themselves that cannot play at this level? Some say the only good memes are those that have the truth behind them, that’s why they have an effect/ring true. Is the left so full of bullshit that this is the reason meming doesn’t work for them?

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:48 pm

It hits the mark.
el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:08 pm

Our man Ayrshire Grappler just posted this on Twitter. I get it now:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:54 pm

...or I could have just clicked on the first links in penxv's OP, lol

I just read the first 2 now, explains it all even better :D

super funny/interesting trend

question still stands why the left can't meme

penxv

Postby penxv » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:17 am

Masato wrote:I’ve been seeing these everywhere but admittedly I don’t understand the joke/context

Non-player character? What? I’m missing it... if someone understands the reference and how it’s being used in memes I would love someone to explain it to me

On a related note, I’ve heard it argued before that ‘the left can’t meme’... and starting to think it might be true. All the best memes, most clever ones are almost always consistently poking fun at the left, mocking globalists, Obama/Killary-lovers, sjw’s Etc. KO concepts, hilarious parodies and memes galore. ... but I never see it from the left. They can never seem to pull it off, I never see anything clever or impactful from them as I do from the right.

Why is this? It’s a really interesting question. Is it a trait of leftist brains that they are not creative or have no wit/sense of humour? Or is it a reflection of the ideals themselves that cannot play at this level? Some say the only good memes are those that have the truth behind them, that’s why they have an effect/ring true. Is the left so full of bullshit that this is the reason meming doesn’t work for them?

It's definitely something that has generational implications. Older people that don't play videogames (or haven't played them in a while) aren't going to feel or understand the sting that millenials would feel from this.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:28 am

Megaterio Llamas wrote:It hits the mark.

Indeed.

It does seem like hordes of leftist-minded folk really are running on some sort of non-thinking predictable algorithm, just getting triggered and spewing out the programmed response given to them by their TV sets without thinking about them. I know a few/have some facebook contacts, its eerily similar to this described pattern the way they react with 100% consistently to the latest MSM 'news of the day'.

I know this next part may be taking it too far beyond the intended usage of the meme, but I found this line from Penxv's 1st link an interesting (albeit far-fetched) theory:

“I have a theory that there are only a fixed quantity of souls on planet Earth that cycle continuously through reincarnation,” a 4Chan poster wrote. “However, since the human growth rate is so severe, the soulless extra walking flesh piles around us are NPC’s [sic], or ultimate normalfags, who autonomously follow group think and social trends in order to appear convincingly human.” NPCs aren’t even worthy of a classic wake up, sheeple. They can’t!"

- freaky!!!

Return to “Anarchy Zone”