Postby Masato » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:21 pm

more Twitter lulz:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:22 pm

LOL

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:29 pm

I do seem to remember not all that long ago a concerted effort to change the way black people were portrayed in film and media, the black thug stereotype was frowned upon quite harshly, so why in this day and age is this in any way acceptable to generalize anyone.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:50 pm

Canuckster wrote:I do seem to remember not all that long ago a concerted effort to change the way black people were portrayed in film and media, the black thug stereotype was frowned upon quite harshly, so why in this day and age is this in any way acceptable to generalize anyone.

Well that;s my point, now they are generalizing in the other direction just as absurdly

I suppose there is hope eventually it will balance itself in the middle and cancel out. For now we're seeing some pretty big swings

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:26 am

Canuckster wrote:
Benwahwah wrote:What exactly is wrong with that ad?

You are kidding right?

That ad isn't selling razors, it's more anti white male propaganda.

It seems to me to be about not being a cunt. If that is how you would describe a 'white male' then fair enough it is anti white male propaganda.

Is there a single thing in the ad that doesn't happen, or that should be considered a good thing? I watched the ad, and the message I got was that we should aim to be the best that we can be. What behaviour that has been considered 'okay' in the past, such as wolf-whistling and boys fighting each other should be dealt with. I don't see anything wrong with that, and in fact I agree with it.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:38 am

Didn't think I would have to write a serious comment in this thread but here goes:

"What is wrong with the video?"

-First and foremost they are injecting politics into a sphere that has no need of being politicized. People don't like thinking about divisive political elements when they are just trying to go about their day and this is why people get annoyed when they are told their favorite video game character has to become a Muslim woman or something like that. Id rather not think about politics when I shave in the morning.

Secondly the political content itself is steeped in progressivist ideas, such as the old idea that traditional masculinity("boys will be boys") is harmful for men and boys and leads to them acting like that douche guy in the video who talks down to him female co-worker(presumably in their minds because she is female). In fact traditional masculinity is prominent in different cultures from around the world because it is rooted in the perennial truth that these customs help a man develop into one who can be successful in the challenges men typically face. Studies have shown that young boys roughhousing like those in the video benefit tremendously because this is a way in which boys are biologically programed to socialize. Its probably not a coincidence that young dogs and other animals roughhouse while growing up for the same reason.

"You guyyzz got triggered lololol its a commercial you snowflakes"

Nah that didn't happen. People are mildly annoyed with the ad and are mocking it. Some examples of people from my facebook being "triggered":

Person 1: "lol gay"

Person 2: "I always shave my mangina with Gillette"

Person 3: "At Gillette we love getting cream on our face"

Not a lot of snowflakes or triggerings, just traditionally masculine people mocking those who demonize them.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:13 am

A lot of toxic masculinity and mansplaining in this thread.

I expected better from you guys, especially from Big Ben.
el rey del mambo

shankara

Postby shankara » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:41 am

Masculinity is dangerous to the powers that be

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:10 am

Well if you want an even playing field you will have to get rid of masculinity cause fuck knows the female gender wont be able to compete with us in any meaningful way while we're still actually men.

Shits changing though, I had an argument with my 9 year old about boys being stronger and faster than girls on average and at the pointy end. They get fed all this equality shit (which is good in a way) that it skews their default position too much.

As they say, Im glad Ill be dead.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:26 pm

Vutulaki wrote:Well if you want an even playing field you will have to get rid of masculinity cause fuck knows the female gender wont be able to compete with us in any meaningful way while we're still actually men.

Shits changing though, I had an argument with my 9 year old about boys being stronger and faster than girls on average and at the pointy end. They get fed all this equality shit (which is good in a way) that it skews their default position too much.

As they say, Im glad Ill be dead.

I wouldn't worry about your son if I were you Vutu. He's going to much more ''toxically masculine' than any of us. The harder they push this gender equality stuff, the greater the gap between the sexes becomes it seems. According to Peterson this has been studied to death in the Scandanavian countries where they push this stuff the hardest and they have the largest differential between the sexes anywhere in the world in terms of making classically masculine/feminine career choices. Apparently it comes down to some sort of psychological 'law of inverse reaction' ie the harder you push a child to behave a certain way, the further he'/she moves in the opposite direction.

In other words; your son's generation will be by far the most masculine one to ever walk this earth :D
el rey del mambo

Return to “Anarchy Zone”