Will D&D make my kids nerds?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Will D&D make my kids nerds?

Postby Masato » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:30 pm

Hey all

I never played D&D, but am suddenly inspired to see if I can figure it out and introduce it to my kids.

I got the famed D&D Starter Set to give them, see if they like it. I think they will, my daughter saw it on Stranger Things and so therefore its cool, lol and trying to find substitutes for my son from video games which he loves too much

- But will it turn them all weird? lol

I never played D&D but remember wondering why exactly so many players of the game had this palpable awkwardness about them. Great people but awkward nonetheless. I've been watching a lot of tutorials lately trying to learn the rules and its the same 30 years later, these dudes are freaks :D

what is this strange relationship between the game and the socially inept? Which causes which?

In any case, I'm about to embrace my inner geek and go all in. Planning out my storylines and errythang :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:33 pm

lol:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:36 pm

Lots of great artwork all over the place in this game, its amazing really:

I've been drooling over the painting on the box for a week now, its really great

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:37 pm

I remember the church I was taken to as a child freaked right out about this game, told everyone it was evil or a door to Satan or something, lol

no joke I remember quite the crisis over it

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:45 pm

Masato wrote:Hey all

I never played D&D, but am suddenly inspired to see if I can figure it out and introduce it to my kids.

I got the famed D&D Starter Set to give them, see if they like it. I think they will, my daughter saw it on Stranger Things and so therefore its cool, lol and trying to find substitutes for my son from video games which he loves too much

- But will it turn them all weird? lol

I never played D&D but remember wondering why exactly so many players of the game had this palpable awkwardness about them. Great people but awkward nonetheless. I've been watching a lot of tutorials lately trying to learn the rules and its the same 30 years later, these dudes are freaks :D

what is this strange relationship between the game and the socially inept? Which causes which?

In any case, I'm about to embrace my inner geek and go all in. Planning out my storylines and errythang :D

- Introduce your kids to Banjo and Kazooie!

And stop trying to interveinon your sons video-games.

And you bellieve on several over the top conspiracy theorys, boss. And you like Star Wars.
Youre a nerd too!

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:48 pm

Masato wrote:I remember the church I was taken to as a child freaked right out about this game, told everyone it was evil or a door to Satan or something, lol

no joke I remember quite the crisis over it

- He-man is the story of a prince that invokes the power(souls) of several fallen warriors.
Power that is guarded on a Castle that looks like a skull!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:56 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:And stop trying to interveinon your sons video-games.

And you bellieve on several over the top conspiracy theorys, boss. And you like Star Wars.
Youre a nerd too!

haha, guilty.

I don't like the new Star Wars, just to be clear. That kind of makes it even nerdier though :D

Admitted on the conspiracy theories too, if that's nerdy I'm also guilty as charged. Now I'm starting D&D, lol what;s next?

I do feel I have to intervene on lil Mas's video games though, if I don't monitor that shit he would play all the time no doubt. I'd rather him geek out with D&D friends all day than play video games all day

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:58 pm

This starter set is really great/huge/imaginative

Only a few more things to figure out before I think I'll be ready to try to start a campaign with them

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:16 am

I recommend watching the show Harmon Quest if you want to ease yourself into it. Jumping in at once is painful. In terms of making kids nerds, its basically a Lord of the Rings board game, it will only make them slightly nerdy and can teach them cool lore and story telling in the process. If you want a version that will make your kids more badass there is a game based on DnD but made by a Norwegian Metal artist who killed a communist called MYFAROG: https://www.amazon.ca/MYFAROG-Mythic-Fa ... 1522875077

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:59 am

- You can play rpgs on video-games without having to set a table. I dont see the problem if he still plays sports and go out!

Return to “Anarchy Zone”