On a Marvel Bender

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: On a Marvel Bender

Postby Masato » Sun May 12, 2019 8:02 pm

Canuckster wrote:Went to see this this afternoon with the family, didn't go willingly.

Having watched none of the other ones I have this to say,

There was no shortage of agenda driven drivel in this movie, along with a fuckton of symbolism with plenty of social engineering thrown in, with the most powerful characters being women. In the end it is the presence of the women superheroes that really saves the day, without them, all would have been lost. In the end, captain America passes the torch to a black guy who holds the shield with its star front and center inverted into a satanic pentagram. On and on and on I could go,

I could go on, but I don't want to crap all over the move if others enjoyed it.

Oh you saw that pentagram too?

Yeah I thought that was pretty bold. A key shot in the while film, Cap's shield front and center on display, yet the star was PERFECTLY aligned inverted.

Find me ANY other example if iconic Captain America where the star is not facing up. Go on.

To be honest I let my guard down for this film, was not watching for CT stuff. I don't have any problem with strong women characters.
But I saw that pentagram, lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun May 12, 2019 8:06 pm

Had a dude explain to me as well that Thanos's motivation having to do with altruistically solving the problem of overpopulation and limited resources was not in any original comics.

In the comics apparently he was just a psycho, but in these movies no one argues his point even once. There is even a scene where he says that a planet once starving and suffering is now lush with bellies full or something like that.

Couldn't he have used the stones to make more resources? lol

Thanks for ruining it for me Canuckster

honestly what else did you see? I don't buy too deep into the female character agenda. I think its fine and Cap and Stark were total alphas. Even a nod at the end to good ol traditional family values.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun May 12, 2019 8:16 pm

there was a whole whack of references to other films the actors had been in, the most blatant of which being the terminator references with Don cheadle.

Thanos ship is shaped like an eye, there's many shot of it in the sky that look like an eye,

One eye symbolism shots were everywhere, some subtle, some not so much, Thor gives up his kingdom to a woman,

Also when this imagery is everywhere in popular culture it ceases to be in ct territory. It's fact call it what you will.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun May 12, 2019 8:18 pm

There's so much I can't recall all of it off hand, the movies three hours I'm only recalling what stands out.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun May 12, 2019 8:22 pm

[spoiler]

Shifty D

Postby Shifty D » Mon May 13, 2019 1:35 pm

masato, do you really believe that?

Joe Mama

Postby Joe Mama » Mon May 13, 2019 1:39 pm

Why is everyone so afraid of Satan?

He really is a nice guy once you get to know him a little.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon May 13, 2019 5:23 pm

The problem isn't what we believe, the problem is what the people in charge of our media believes, what you believe is irrelevant, most people would have a serious problem if these were mainstream religious references yet everyone seems ok with allowing Satanist propaganda everywhere.

Joe Mama

Postby Joe Mama » Mon May 13, 2019 6:15 pm

:lol: Maybe the upside down star signifies the fact that hes under duress?

Return to “Anarchy Zone”