On a Marvel Bender

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: On a Marvel Bender

Postby Masato » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:42 pm

The Anti-Archon wrote:I've not been more hyped for a film since probably Return of the Jedi. I'm talking Endgame, Not Captain Feminazi.

Me too. I've become a total sucker for this franchise, IMHO it is real cinematic history, there's never been anything done like this before, not even remotely. It really is amazing

Those DC guys must be in pain though, lol they are not even close to competing :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:38 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:This is such a shit show, LOL

Thanks DB

Went to see it last night. I thought it was great, but I'll admit mostly because it fills in blanks in the larger story. I'm a sucker for backstory, I love that stuff. But I would watch it again its full of cool stuff for anyone who into the whole MCU timeline.

I think a lot of the criticism in that vid is overblown to be honest. I see gender politics being inserted into much of Hollywood, often it can be really bad, but in this case honestly I think the CTers may be projecting more than what's deserving. Marvel films are mostly all male characters, the female characters break it up and are great imo. Adding this new Captain Marvel to the roster I think is fun and exciting, imagine if both this new super-tough character and Mar-Vell were both guys honestly the whole concept starts to get a bit repetitive/sausage fest. Marvel is trying their best to make a fun series that captures the biggest audience they can get, I can totally see how making some female characters is smart from both a creative/storytelling point of view and a capitalist/audience demographic point of view. I don't blame them for either, and I think this is mostly what's happening here.

Honestly I think some people take the whole gender conspiracy way too far sometimes. Its a legit phenomenon for sure but if you freak out about it too much you'll start to see it everywhere and it starts to turn all female-phobic beyond reasonability imo. I'll give it to the Star Wars CT nuts (:D) but I won't concede it as much for Captain Marvel, I honestly saw no overt man-hating in this script, aside from the protagonist being female.

Of course it suits the agendas going on and everyone who cares about those agendas (Disney, etc) were obviously OK with it lol, but I do think there was a high % of just creative motivation here to make the story cool. Same reason they made her more powerful than Thor, which a lot of the comic crowd is complaining about. I think this also steps up the whole MCU a notch and no doubt is needed to build up to Endgame which now I'm even more pumped for.

As for the manipulation of ratings and reviews, that was interesting for sure but I'm beginning to think that its sort of naive to think that such a multi-million dollar franchise WOULDN'T take advantage of social media bot tech to maximize their results. IMO we should realize by now that this stuff is only growing bigger and much of what we see on the net is artificially generated or misleading. When there's big money involved, be it movies or politics or whatever, social media manipulation should be expected to be rampant... We're just getting savvy enough to notice now, lol

Anyways I enjoyed it. Seeing young Nick Fury (he is hilarious btw, great job by Sam Jackson) and the Tesseract/Space Stone and a younger Agent Coulson etc was great. Will watch again :D

[spoiler]
Oh if you really wanna go conspiracy, the reptilian shape-shifters in the story turn out to be the good guys :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:03 pm

Canuckster wrote:

LOL watching now

I'm 6 minutes in and they're not even talking about the film yet, just jokes

Love all the medication bottles in the background, lol that's Mr Plinkett's house! :D

Super funny

oh they;re starting the CM part now

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:37 pm

Done - Amazing, the Mr Plinkett guy actually gave it a recommend in the end. Must not be too bad of a film because he usually just destroys films if he thinks they suck

The bits about the Actress Bree Larson or whatever her name is talking dumb shit was funny, but WTF do you expect from an actor, I never put much stock into actors, just characters

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:39 pm

One of the best parts about the Marvel Bender was picking up some great MUSIC from the Guardians of the Galaxy films. If you don't know, the hero is a boy from earth who carries an old walkman with mixtapes from the 70's/80's that his mom gave him.

The juxtaposition of these old tunes with a space movie is just golden imo. Those movies are so much fun

Here are some tunes I really like and stole/added to my own playlist:

LOVE this tune:

shoulda posted these in Mega's jukebox thread

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:03 pm

Apparently Alita is a movie that is like Captain Marvel but better:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:15 am

LEAKED ENDGAME SCRIPT PAGE ::

"A single photo of a crucial page from the actual working Endgame script has been leaked, and is irreversibly going viral on the Dark Web. This one photo not only reveals the ending of the film, but also sheds light on the plan to add the Captain Marvel character to the franchise, and what the whole MCU franchise has been working towards."

https://bgra.com/2019/04/01/avengers-en ... firmation/

here is the leaked photo:

[spoiler]

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:47 am

Dead link
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:49 am

Canuckster wrote:Dead link

Yeah looks like the leak is getting scrubbed pretty fast.

The spoiler link to the image still works though, I uploaded that myself ^^

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:33 pm

More agenda driven horseshit
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”