You guys ever checked out r/gunfights ?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Luigi

You guys ever checked out r/gunfights ?

Postby Luigi » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:37 am

There is some pretty crazy stuff there:

They even have footage of ISIS vs Peshmerga.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:41 pm

Crazy

Internet is fucked, lol

I used to think Felony Fights was too much

That NZ shooter vid is up, seeing comments on it but I don't wanna watch that

Post some more of these if you find any particularly fascinating, I'd like to see the ISIS one

Gun warfare is so alien to me.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:51 am

Masato wrote:Crazy

Its pretty boring, he mows everyone down in 10 seconds then stands there for like 5 minutes occasionally shooting the dead bodies. The guy definitely has a screw loose, although his manifesto was full of clever trolling. An Australian news anchor described how he "had experience fight al-Qaeda with over 300 confirmed kills" :P

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:53 pm

Luigi wrote:
Masato wrote:Crazy

Its pretty boring, he mows everyone down in 10 seconds then stands there for like 5 minutes occasionally shooting the dead bodies. The guy definitely has a screw loose, although his manifesto was full of clever trolling. An Australian news anchor described how he "had experience fight al-Qaeda with over 300 confirmed kills" :P

I am amazed how desensitized we are as a society/culture to real violence. Such vids would horrify a child with virgin eyes

Is it Hollywood? War propaganda? First person shooter games? GIJOES as a kid? :D

seriously I find it bizarre that we are able to watch this stuff and just shake it off. The older I get the less inclined I am to expose myself to such images, even violent movies/horror etc.

I am curious however about the NZ shooter's 'clever trolling'. I've seen bits and pieces of the same, lots of posts he apparently made that appear sarcastic parody, but then he did what he did and MSM seems to be running with cherrypicked lines out of any sort of trolling context. So bizarre

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:31 pm

Was thinking this watching Captain Marvel. was with my boy. A fun/family movie supposedly but seriously if you do a death/murder/body count from start to finish its atrocious, lol

Vicious violent murders throuhgout, in all sorts of spectacular ways. no remorse even from the heroes. We even cheer and laugh, just sort of take it all like meh and chew our popcorn.

Is this not a bit alarming? Suddenly its been looking more and more crazy to me. especially with kids, its unfathomable to me how much kids these days are exposed to as compared to previous generations.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:29 pm

I am amazed how desensitized we are as a society/culture to real violence. Such vids would horrify a child with virgin eyes

Is it Hollywood? War propaganda? First person shooter games? GIJOES as a kid? :D

seriously I find it bizarre that we are able to watch this stuff and just shake it off. The older I get the less inclined I am to expose myself to such images, even violent movies/horror etc.

I am curious however about the NZ shooter's 'clever trolling'. I've seen bits and pieces of the same, lots of posts he apparently made that appear sarcastic parody, but then he did what he did and MSM seems to be running with cherrypicked lines out of any sort of trolling context. So bizarre

Paraphrasing a part of the manifesto relevant to both points: "did video games and other violent media make you do it?" "Yes, Spiro the dragon 3 taught me ethno-nationalism and fortnite taught me to kill and floss on the corpses of my enemies." Apparently some msm actually went after Fortnite for this lol Personally Im desensitized because its on a screen, if someone got shot in the same room as me irl I would be shook. I heard captain marvel was average but you are making it sound pretty good lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:53 pm

Luigi wrote:

Paraphrasing a part of the manifesto relevant to both points: "did video games and other violent media make you do it?" "Yes, Spiro the dragon 3 taught me ethno-nationalism and fortnite taught me to kill and floss on the corpses of my enemies." Apparently some msm actually went after Fortnite for this lol Personally Im desensitized because its on a screen, if someone got shot in the same room as me irl I would be shook. I heard captain marvel was average but you are making it sound pretty good lol

lol yeah I heard those posts as well. Is the manifesto a Q & A of sorts then? If I saw someone posting stuff like that online I would probably assume they are being sarcastic/facetious, just joking around. That's a bit scary because in all my years of foruming a hell of a lot of such joking posts fly around all over the place.

As far as being desensitized, I still stumble on the odd clip sometimes I wish I hadn't seen. At the same time, I do remember watching some scenes of war and such having a positive effect in waking me up, possibly maturing a bit to reality/considering our fragility and potential for cruelty etc. A wake up call I don't regret, but no need to over do it imo

Captain Marvel is only good if you're into the whole MCU thing. On its own as a film its nothing to jump about.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:39 pm

Most of it is q&a format with questions the shooter anticipated. The one clip I wish I didnt see was when Mark Hunt posted a video of a bike thief in Mexico getting his fingers ampulated with a hatchet.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”