Movie Review Thread

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Movie Review Thread

Postby Masato » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:28 pm

Post reviews of movies you've seen recently.

Thumbs up? Thumbs down? Worth seeing? Waste of time? Loved it? Pissed you off? Inspiring? Food for thought?

Give us some heads ups or recommendations.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:30 pm

I JUST watched Creed 2 and cried like a bitch, lol

Really really great. Far exceeded my expectations. Worthy of the Rocky anthology

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:32 pm

I watched some other films I liked lately too but forget what they were, lol

Was thinking of making this thread after I saw em but was too lazy

If I remember I will post.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 am

Oh yeah watched this one the other day.

Was shit. Absolute shit. It wasn't even fun looking for hidden symbolism, lol

How do such movies get so big to attract Morgan Freeman, Scarlett J and a marquee spot in the cinemas? Seriously

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:09 am

LOL are you living in some backwards world Masato? I disliked Creed II (absolutely loved the first of them) and ‘I love Lucy’!

Creed came across as a cunt in the second movie. He didn’t give me a reason to root for him at all.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:05 am

Thumbs down
el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:00 pm

Megaterio Llamas wrote:Thumbs down

For what? Creed 2?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:07 pm

Benwahwah wrote:LOL are you living in some backwards world Masato? I disliked Creed II (absolutely loved the first of them) and ‘I love Lucy’!

Creed came across as a cunt in the second movie. He didn’t give me a reason to root for him at all.

Hey Ben, interesting we have opposite tastes for these films

Your point about him coming off like a cunt rung true in hindsight, but that's sort of what I liked tbh, he was a confused kid dealing with so many things. Rocky saw this, he'd been through all these things before but watching Creed stumble. If he was a real strong hero all the way on his own I think it would be much more boring and there would be no need for the wiser Rocky character to compare with. The story with Drago etc could have been written better, but in Rocky movies imo the story is never actually about the fight, its about characters going through personal issues. Him getting married, having his first baby, his wife losing her hearing, the mom character (Apollo's wife) trying to deal with it all, Rocky and his estranged son etc. Fuckin full of real life shit. I can think of a few other storylines that would have been really great but I guess it was already pretty long film. Maybe I just get nostalgic about own kids and marriage and pitfalls, lol I don't know.

Lucy just couldn't help but make what could have been an interesting premise about guns and drug dealer gangs and car chases lol. I heard some shit from CT freaks about 'Lucy' being a nick of Lucifer, and human potential being sold as us turning into gods and connecting with computers etc. Freeman is a suspected Luciferian he's said some weird shit imo. When Lucy goes all 100% she doesn't turn into a Jesus or Buddha she turns into a cold calculated heartless killing machine who only thinks of herself yet wants to spread her knowledge. A far fetched but interesting theory. Shoula been an intellectual movie imo, the cliche drug dealers and action scenes being like 80% of the film is what killed it for me

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:58 pm

Masato wrote:

For what? Creed 2?

No. For the entire industry. I was once quite a movie nut but I can't support that industry any longer. Just thinking about it makes me slightly nauseous.
el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:35 pm

Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Masato wrote:

For what? Creed 2?

No. For the entire industry. I was once quite a movie nut but I can't support that industry any longer. Just thinking about it makes me slightly nauseous.

Interesting to hear

Can you elaborate?

I went through/am still going through a similar thing, I used to think movies were so amazing, my big dreams were always to express my creativity via films. But then I got so soured on Hollywood being a propaganda machine I also stopped for quite some time. I haven't watched TV for like 20 years for the same reason save for some shows here or there like Cobra Kai lol

Lately I'm starting to swing back again though, I think I overdid it, maybe a bit too paranoid. I still love the artform and for sure there are plenty films out there trying to tell a good tale and void of propaganda.

I'm starting to find my passion again but it is not easy when most of western movies are so perverted

I will always be a Rocky fan though. Maybe my #1 movie still, that's why I was pumped waiting to see this newest one. The first film was made on a low budget outside the big system, Stallone was a nobody. It was hacked up in true indy style and rocked the world. That is magic imo

Return to “Anarchy Zone”