Hey Diet Butcher

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Hey Diet Butcher

Postby Masato » Fri May 03, 2019 1:51 pm

...do you know if Winnson is OK?

I know you guys live not too far from each other in Hong Kong and get together sometimes.

I don't mind when this place slows down, & can certainly relate to wanting to cut back on forum action sometimes

But he is a really good dude and used to post tons here and other forums, then just dropped off the radar completely.

If you know he's doing all right it would be good to know.
I was a real fan of that guy, send him a man-hug for me :D

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat May 04, 2019 3:44 pm

Last I talked to him was during Chinese new year. We were gonna meet up but somehow it didn't work out. I used to live pretty close to him but now I've moved to the other side of the mountain. Literally. I think he mostly hangs out at reddit or 4chan these days.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat May 04, 2019 4:54 pm

I saw him post from time to time on twitter. I did however just deactivate that acct this morning, the rest of my spying social media won't be too far behind
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat May 04, 2019 6:20 pm

Canuckster wrote:I saw him post from time to time on twitter. I did however just deactivate that acct this morning, the rest of my spying social media won't be too far behind

really? That's interesting. Did you actually delete it? or just deactivate it.
I heard you can NEVER actually ever delete a facebook page, only 'deactivate' it. all your pictures and posts are permanently there, you can never change your mind and take them off. That is fuckin weird.

What exactly if I may ask made you finally feel you needed to take action? Is it just the principle of the thing, to not contribute to the mass data collecting? Or is there some specific circumstance you fear about posting info online?

I am a bit conflicted about it, I think the giant data-tracking of everyone is clearly sinister and frightening, on the other hand so much of the world functions increasingly in this realm, sometimes I think cutting one's self off from it completely is only shooting one's self in the foot (they will get your info anyways imo). Its wonderful for advertising and business relations etc.

I have a friend who likewise cut himself off from almost everything related to 'the system', yet he is fucking crippled now because of it & can't do shit. We all admire his acting on his convictions but its tough to see the result. I fear one day he will refuse to use money, then he's really fucked lol.
Wondering where a healthy balance is.

I don't use facebook anymore simply because its too personal with real friends and family, I think its weird to constantly share everything. But I plan to ramp up my Linkedin for business reasons. Twitter is still a good source for info and links. I don't do instagram etc

What about forums? Will our posts come back to haunt us one day where they are taken out of context to incriminate us? Will be be considered associates or accomplices when Som or Vutu end up doing something legendary and infamous?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon May 06, 2019 3:48 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:Last I talked to him was during Chinese new year. We were gonna meet up but somehow it didn't work out. I used to live pretty close to him but now I've moved to the other side of the mountain. Literally. I think he mostly hangs out at reddit or 4chan these days.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

thanks DB

hope you are well bro

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri May 10, 2019 9:00 am

Masato wrote:I heard you can NEVER actually ever delete a facebook page, only 'deactivate' it. all your pictures and posts are permanently there, you can never change your mind and take them off. That is fuckin weird.

Delete the pics THEN deactivate your account

Jesus fucking christ..

Return to “Anarchy Zone”