This forum blocked on Facebook

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

This forum blocked on Facebook

Postby Masato » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:15 pm

Hey all

I just tried to send a link to this forum to a friend on facebook, and it blocked me. Apparently Facebook has flagged us:

Goes against 'community standards'.

How does this work? How does an obscure indy forum like ours get flagged?
Interesting

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:37 pm

el rey del mambo

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:12 am

Sorry about that. When you didn't accept my friend request on Facebook many years ago I reported your site for being THE hotbed of disinformation. I didn't think they'd take it seriously.

Seriously though. Fuck Facebook. They have actively said that politicians can lie on their site. Because of that I actually deleted all my social media accounts in November of last year. No Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or anything like. I am only on forums now. Much more civilised.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:20 am

Benwahwah wrote:Sorry about that. When you didn't accept my friend request on Facebook many years ago I reported your site for being THE hotbed of disinformation.

You told them??????????????

Benwahwah wrote:Much more civilised.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:45 pm

This is why we can't have nice things
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

penxv

Postby penxv » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:55 pm

You should let them know that you don't think that the link you posted violates their community standards and get a dialogue started.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:08 pm

penxv wrote:You should let them know that you don't think that the link you posted violates their community standards and get a dialogue started.

Yeah then they would read your posts and I would lose :cry: :lol:

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:15 pm

I'd be more worried about mine
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:17 pm

Benwahwah wrote:Sorry about that. When you didn't accept my friend request on Facebook many years ago I reported your site for being THE hotbed of disinformation. I didn't think they'd take it seriously.

Seriously though. Fuck Facebook. They have actively said that politicians can lie on their site. Because of that I actually deleted all my social media accounts in November of last year. No Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or anything like. I am only on forums now. Much more civilised.

Big BEN!!!! How are ya bud?

Indeed, I agree optimal social media usage for intelligent people imo is in smaller more personalized communities. (And I'm not just saying that to make me feel better about this forum lol)

These giant crowed hive-mob social media sites like Twitter and whatever else is out now I don't think are healthy, its too crazy no one hears anything lol 0.5 second attention span everyone shouting. I saw one site the other day on my kids' screen with a message board or whatever and the posts were flying so fast from hundred of users all at once, I can't even fathom how anyone can find a dialogue in there or have any semblance of continuity lol.

Do kids' brains really work that fast these days??

I'm gonna make some T-Shirts that say; 'Real Men Post on Forums'
:D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:17 pm

Canuckster wrote:I'd be more worried about mine

Al o you assholes are gonna get me in trouble someday, lol

Return to “Anarchy Zone”