Thoughts on coronavirus...

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Canuckster

Re: Thoughts on coronavirus...

Postby Canuckster » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:20 pm

Masato wrote:^^^ vids are terrifying.

I was threatened quite seriously on the plane that they would put me on a 'no fly' list if I didn't wear my mask completely over both nose and mouth.

I am not used to wearing a mask as I've been avoiding it at all cost. I knew I had to comply flying air travel, but when I was on the plane I tried to sleep quietly with it pulled just under my nose so I could breathe a little. They woke me up twice to ask that I put the mask completely over my nose. I kept pulling it back down again because I breathe like 1000x better. I figured what would they do since I was already in the air, but the third time the highest rank on the plane under the captain came and very sternly told me that if they have to tell me one more time they would put me on a no fly list, which means I would not be able to get home to my kids and work etc.

I could take that, but what pissed me off is that several times on the flights they were offering people cookies, and some passengers were ordering snacks off the pay-menu. Somehow, its OK to take your mask off completely to eat cookies and drinks, but for me to have it pulled just below my nose to breathe quietly next to my wife was a huge danger. I calmly asked why what I was doing such a panic, while taking masks off entirely for cookies was OK. Of course they had no answer. They refused to acknowledge the contradiction, and just robotically repeated the rules for me even though it did not explain the hypocrisy.

Quite frustrating. If they really took the covid stuff seriously and cancelled the cookies and meals so everyone would wear it for the duration of the flight it would make more sense. But to treat me like there is a deadly virus on one hand, then offer everyone cookies on the other drives me fuckin buggy, lol. Pick one or the other, either there is a deadly virus or there is not. Does cookies really > world pandemic? lol

I couldn't do it, I wouldn't fly, this shows why people are so easily led and dumb and then aggressively violent if they feel they have the weight of the mob behind them. If they are unsure they won't.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:21 pm

You should have asked for 10 packages of cookies and ate them very very slowly. Lol
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:28 pm

Canuckster wrote:You should have asked for 10 packages of cookies and ate them very very slowly. Lol

lol I did actually say that, I said maybe I'll ask for some cookies later so I can take it off. They had no reply

mad world. No one thinking rationally anymore. Like that Idiocracy movie, lol

thankfully here in the island folks are more chill. Ate at a restaurant and even went in some shops with the wife, no mask no problem.

Those plane people need to refresh themselves on the data.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:29 pm

I am learning lessons in keeping my temper down, not making things worse by arguing, picking my battles intelligently, how to debate with civility.

It's not easy lol

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:39 pm

It isn't about sensibility anymore, it's about follow the rules or else, that jackboot bullshit going on in Australia and New Zealand right now is good evidence of that.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:44 pm

Y’all been neutered.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:36 pm

Som-Pong wrote:Y’all been neutered.

That's what it feels like :(

On the other hand if I don't jump through these hoops I may not get to see my dad and brother for a long time. Maybe I should start thinking road trips. I've driven BC <> Ontario twice, its a long fuckin drive

My BJJ club is discussing the same things, bylaw officers have started to show up at gyms and inspect. Apparently if you have all the right measures in place they don't ticket you, but at the same time its stupid because none of the measures have any logical sense to stop the supposed spread, as long as everyone is grappling.

We have to do all these things that our intelligence can not compute with, but we do it anyways because the consequences are scary and worse.

What a fuckin pigeon hole of a world we're in

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:24 pm

One of the ladies that works in the deli at Caulfield Safeway commutes to work every day on the ferry from Gibson's or Sechelt she has learned that she can nurse a couple of bottles of juice or water and keep her mask off but the moment she doesn't have food or drink in hand they're swarming her like mask nazis. It's getting scary out there...
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:39 pm

Fortunately there isn't a standard here in BC for which masks are acceptable, homemade is fine. I'm thinking of having some ultra sheer strips of gauze fashioned into masks.
el rey del mambo

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:16 am

The other week I forgot my mask. When I got on the bus the conductor (is that the right word?) asked me to put my mask on. I just told her I’d forgot it. No biggie.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”