Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Som-Pong

Re: Thoughts on coronavirus...

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:11 am

Compare it to the homogeneous Japanese.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:10 pm

Shinkicker wrote:Thanks, Masato. I'm doing well. My boys have finished this school year. Summer break. But I didn't help them anyway. They are smarter than me (or they have really dumbed classes down, I don't know which). All I know is they make very good grades with little effort.

Speaking of school work from home. My son logged into his school account on my laptop. They hijacked my google browser. They were monitoring everything. I couldn't change the settings or anything. And when I tried to log him out it would just put him on "pause" and still was managing the browser. I finally found a way to log him out.

And everything is pretty much open for business here. I'd say 20%-30% wear masks. I always do. Once you've seen it, you will and be grateful for masks. However, being home and taking a break from work and not seeing it daily, I can see where people forget, don't believe, or just can't imagine it. I only go shopping when I have to. I've had a couple of family and friend gatherings but I treat them like they have the plague. Haha. I let my kid, the oldest, go and do things though and he doesn't wear a mask. He wouldn't let up until I let him start back going to the gym. So I have risks but we gotta keep living. My youngest doesn't want to go back out in public yet. He's only been camping and floating the river.

I believe someone brought that virus out of that lab in China. I don't know if it was accidental or purposely.

Some researchers say that the virus sample they had appeared to have already mutated to be better suited to infect humans than it should have been this early in the game.

I try to come over and read even if I don't post. I've seen you're doing/starting some new things. Hope great things are coming to you.

I forgot you worked in the medical field

What have you seen related to covid?
What are your thoughts on the seriousness of it vs perceived exaggeration of it?

Would appreciate your insights

penxv

Postby penxv » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:00 am

penxv

Postby penxv » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:21 am

Binge watching a kind of obscure show that is very pandemic/coronavirus/vaccine adjacent in a predictive programming/revelation of the method sort of way... It's pretty good.

I'm halfway through the first season.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia_ ... _TV_series)

Ep1

Ep2
I

Ep3

Ep4

Ep5

Ep6

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:49 am

penxv wrote:Binge watching a kind of obscure show that is very pandemic/coronavirus/vaccine adjacent in a predictive programming/revelation of the method sort of way... It's pretty good.

I'm halfway through the first season.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia_ ... _TV_series)

Ep1

Ep2
I

Ep3

Ep4

Ep5

Ep6

Seen it. Good show.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:28 pm

Masato wrote:I forgot you worked in the medical field

What are your thoughts on the seriousness of it vs perceived exaggeration of it?

What have I seen and what I believe could take days. Lol

The seriousness....
A lot of the confusion comes from the unpredictable responses of those who get it. Some people breeze through it just like any other virus while some will die quickly without intervention. A rudimentary way of explaining would be some people get a bump from a wasp sting and some people die. So sometimes it's just the individual's (immune) response that determines the seriousness of the virus. (many factors determine your response, I don't think you want me to go that deep. I will if you have specific questions though).

From a medical standpoint, this virus is badass. You have to battle it from many different angles. So in the beginning we had no answer therefore I don't think it was exaggerating. Some of the traits of the virus were pointing to disturbing conclusions. The public wasn't even told all that was suspected. And the numbers were severely undercounted. That's why we now know it isn't deadly for everyone who gets it.

But life must go on.

Don't listen to CDC or WHO. Look for research articles from those respected in the medical field.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:52 pm

Shinkicker wrote:
Masato wrote:I forgot you worked in the medical field

What have I seen and what I believe could take days. Lol

The seriousness....
A lot of the confusion comes from the unpredictable responses of those who get it. Some people breeze through it just like any other virus while some will die quickly without intervention. A rudimentary way of explaining would be some people get a bump from a wasp sting and some people die. So sometimes it's just the individual's (immune) response that determines the seriousness of the virus. (many factors determine your response, I don't think you want me to go that deep. I will if you have specific questions though).

From a medical standpoint, this virus is badass. You have to battle it from many different angles. So in the beginning we had no answer therefore I don't think it was exaggerating. Some of the traits of the virus were pointing to disturbing conclusions. The public wasn't even told all that was suspected. And the numbers were severely undercounted. That's why we now know it isn't deadly for everyone who gets it.

But life must go on.

Don't listen to CDC or WHO. Look for research articles from those respected in the medical field.

why are non covid deaths being attributed to it without the familys knowledge in many cases?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:10 pm

I'd have to know the individual circumstances, I guess.

That's a long answer, too. And multiple issues.

Family notifications....
HIPPA laws are no joke. You can lose your license to practice if you give out patient information to the wrong person. If the patient is intubated and unable to give permission to discuss their medical condition, you default to their next of kin. That's if they have one listed.

The next of kin, or designated family member has to be the one to call and request information. Nurses don't pick up the phone and call every time a new result comes in. Nurses change shifts, if the family doesn't ask the right questions, it can easily be missed. This sucks, I know. Some nurses call and never assume the family already knows. But that's old school nurses with experience. New nurses aren't taught that in nursing school.

I've heard rumors about deaths being listed as related to covid when maybe they weren't. It would be hard to do for a medical doctor. If a patient comes in to the ER and the information given fits the bill (the symptoms) and they die before being admitted, I guess a doctor could put cause of death as Respiratory Failure possibly related to covid. But they would pretty much have to be dead on arrival. Otherwise, an X-ray would be available. Covid has a relatively unique look on X-ray and even better with cat scan. The hospitals that I work in both go ahead and order the test and wait on results before signing a death certificate.

No death cause says covid alone. It would be cardiac arrest related to, respiratory failure related to, etc. etc. However, once they hit admission status it should be near impossible to list a death as covid related without a positive test result from the lab and/or an X-ray/cat scan showing the signature "look" of covid. So the lab verifies the test. A radiologist verifies the imagery. The doctor doesn't determine it alone. A doctor with any integrity wouldn't (or shouldn't) list it without proof and could face serious repercussions if it were found out.

I've heard doctors were encouraged to list "related to covid" because hospitals are getting money based on the number of patients. I don't doubt that but I don't know how many doctors are willing to do that. I also heard that the office personnel that "code" the deaths and enter it into the system were adding the "related to". That's possible, also. But you'd have to know that if you are the hospital management you are at high risk of someone finding out. Very few people keep secrets like that.

If they die outside of the hospital, a coroner can list it as whatever he wants. Here They are elected into position. Our coroner doesn't even have a medical background. He's a funeral director. Lol

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:04 pm

Shinkicker wrote:I'd have to know the individual circumstances, I guess.

That's a long answer, too. And multiple issues.

Family notifications....
HIPPA laws are no joke. You can lose your license to practice if you give out patient information to the wrong person. If the patient is intubated and unable to give permission to discuss their medical condition, you default to their next of kin. That's if they have one listed.

The next of kin, or designated family member has to be the one to call and request information. Nurses don't pick up the phone and call every time a new result comes in. Nurses change shifts, if the family doesn't ask the right questions, it can easily be missed. This sucks, I know. Some nurses call and never assume the family already knows. But that's old school nurses with experience. New nurses aren't taught that in nursing school.

I've heard rumors about deaths being listed as related to covid when maybe they weren't. It would be hard to do for a medical doctor. If a patient comes in to the ER and the information given fits the bill (the symptoms) and they die before being admitted, I guess a doctor could put cause of death as Respiratory Failure possibly related to covid. But they would pretty much have to be dead on arrival. Otherwise, an X-ray would be available. Covid has a relatively unique look on X-ray and even better with cat scan. The hospitals that I work in both go ahead and order the test and wait on results before signing a death certificate.

No death cause says covid alone. It would be cardiac arrest related to, respiratory failure related to, etc. etc. However, once they hit admission status it should be near impossible to list a death as covid related without a positive test result from the lab and/or an X-ray/cat scan showing the signature "look" of covid. So the lab verifies the test. A radiologist verifies the imagery. The doctor doesn't determine it alone. A doctor with any integrity wouldn't (or shouldn't) list it without proof and could face serious repercussions if it were found out.

I've heard doctors were encouraged to list "related to covid" because hospitals are getting money based on the number of patients. I don't doubt that but I don't know how many doctors are willing to do that. I also heard that the office personnel that "code" the deaths and enter it into the system were adding the "related to". That's possible, also. But you'd have to know that if you are the hospital management you are at high risk of someone finding out. Very few people keep secrets like that.

If they die outside of the hospital, a coroner can list it as whatever he wants. Here They are elected into position. Our coroner doesn't even have a medical background. He's a funeral director. Lol

Thats a good answer, however, I know people personally who have had one of their relatives deaths listed as covid when they were also on a dnr list and no tests were done on record. not just one or two cases either, i have a number of family members and friends who are working in the medical field, nursing homes, and they all tell the same story. I met a gentleman a couple of weeks ago that said his wife works as a nurse at a hospital in queens NY and he said they are dead there, the news is making false reports on the amount of cases.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:57 am

Oh damn! Great point! I forgot about those. They are sorta like the coroner. The lead physician probably doesn't even show up at a death at the nursing home. He reads the notes of what happened and determines cause of death. And they definitely get more money for covid patients.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”