Masato
Site Admin

Re: Thoughts on coronavirus...

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:50 pm

I think its about time we start hearing/talking more talk like this guy:

enough is enough

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:20 pm

Masato wrote:I think its about time we start hearing/talking more talk like this guy:

enough is enough

Savage
He speaks for less populated areas being treated as if they were large population hotspots

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:53 pm

Masato wrote:I think its about time we start hearing/talking more talk like this guy:

enough is enough

The thing this guy fails to mention is that the hospitalizations went from 38 to 54 in one week. And that is only confirmed cases. There are 34 more in the hospital that are awaiting test results.

If everyone would agree to wear masks they would have a hard time finding a reason not to open back up. Just my opinion.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:31 pm

Shinkicker wrote:

enough is enough

The thing this guy fails to mention is that the hospitalizations went from 38 to 54 in one week. And that is only confirmed cases. There are 34 more in the hospital that are awaiting test results.

If everyone would agree to wear masks they would have a hard time finding a reason not to open back up. Just my opinion.

Hey Shinkicker, thanks

Is that info from the area that the speaker is talking about (Ventura County - where is that?)

He says 'We are not Los Angeles. We are not New York City. We never were going to be any of those things."
Yet he's arguing why they had to lockdown as though they were.

Your numbers 38 to 54 is from Ventura County? Is that where you are from? I don't even know where that is

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:35 am

Masato wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:

enough is enough

Hey Shinkicker, thanks

Is that info from the area that the speaker is talking about (Ventura County - where is that?)

He says 'We are not Los Angeles. We are not New York City. We never were going to be any of those things."
Yet he's arguing why they had to lockdown as though they were.

Your numbers 38 to 54 is from Ventura County? Is that where you are from? I don't even know where that is

In California. The article that I read implied the spike was due to people refusing to wear masks.

I hate lockdowns as much as anyone. But not wearing masks when they attempt to open up and cause a spike in cases seems counterproductive to me. I'd even say I didn't care about the number of new cases. However, when that puts 50+ new cases in the hospital....

Maybe it's because I see the strain it puts on the hospitals. Just how much strain even a couple of patients are. The amount of time and resources needed for each patient. For example, it usually takes 5 minutes to administer medications. You can make that 30 for a covid patient. Its pretty damn stressful. Not only are you worried about contaminating yourself but you worry about the other patients.

Nobody wants someone to get corona because they busted up an ankle in a fall or such and had to go to an Emergency room.

We have turned our PACU rooms (surgery recovery rooms) into covid units. They are not well equipped for this!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:13 pm

Shinkicker wrote:
In California. The article that I read implied the spike was due to people refusing to wear masks.

I hate lockdowns as much as anyone. But not wearing masks when they attempt to open up and cause a spike in cases seems counterproductive to me. I'd even say I didn't care about the number of new cases. However, when that puts 50+ new cases in the hospital....

Maybe it's because I see the strain it puts on the hospitals. Just how much strain even a couple of patients are. The amount of time and resources needed for each patient. For example, it usually takes 5 minutes to administer medications. You can make that 30 for a covid patient. Its pretty damn stressful. Not only are you worried about contaminating yourself but you worry about the other patients.

Nobody wants someone to get corona because they busted up an ankle in a fall or such and had to go to an Emergency room.

We have turned our PACU rooms (surgery recovery rooms) into covid units. They are not well equipped for this!

Thanks Shinkicker

Always appreciate your experiences from the front lines, it means a lot in these days of mis/dis-info

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:15 pm

Shinkicker wrote:

enough is enough

Not how it works up here.

Counties have zero cases in hospitals and the restrictions and mandates keep tightening.

Logic isn't in play up here.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:25 pm

Rambo John J wrote:Not how it works up here.

Counties have zero cases in hospitals and the restrictions and mandates keep tightening.

up here?

where are you located, Rambo?

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:26 pm

Masato wrote:
Rambo John J wrote:Not how it works up here.

up here?

where are you located, Rambo?

Somewhere near oregun area for me

I think the guy in video and shinkickr r south of me a bit, could be wrong on that tho

I didn't mean zero cases overall BTW I meant weeks of zero cases in many counties

very low population density in most oraygun counties

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:49 pm

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”