Food thread

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Som-Pong

Re: Food thread

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:25 am

You’re a fucking colony. Chips come out of a plastic bag. Like lay.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:51 pm

Som-Pong wrote:You’re a fucking colony. Chips come out of a plastic bag. Like lay.

You fucking clown shoes. They’re called crisps.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:02 pm

Oh chill out and smoke a fag.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:18 am

Enjoying a fag right now!

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:22 am

image.jpg
image.jpg (1.47 MiB) Viewed 3461 times
pumpkin curry

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:06 pm

... Image

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:18 pm

Morning glory?

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:12 am

Benwahwah wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:Didn't want the fries but they came with the chicken leg.

Come on DB, Hong Kong is an ex-colonial country. They are chips, not fries! crinkle cut chips at that.

You know Ben, I remember when we called them chips here in Vancouver. I recall being surprised to see them listed as 'french fries' on the menu when the first McDonald's franchise opened here in the 60s. It was obviously the American influence through franchises like McDonald's that was responsible for the change but whenever I try to tell people this they look at me like I'm crazy. :)
el rey del mambo

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:07 am

Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Benwahwah wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:Didn't want the fries but they came with the chicken leg.

Come on DB, Hong Kong is an ex-colonial country. They are chips, not fries! crinkle cut chips at that.

You know Ben, I remember when we called them chips here in Vancouver. I recall being surprised to see them listed as 'french fries' on the menu when the first McDonald's franchise opened here in the 60s. It was obviously the American influence through franchises like McDonald's that was responsible for the change but whenever I try to tell people this they look at me like I'm crazy. :)

To me 'french fries' and chips are different things. A french fry is long and thin and a chip is chunkier. What DB posted would definitely qualify as a chip.

But I agree, 'fries' are becoming increasingly common in the UK as well. The fried chicken shops have seen to that.

But there is still the distinction that I just mentioned.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:48 am

Benwahwah wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Benwahwah wrote:Come on DB, Hong Kong is an ex-colonial country. They are chips, not fries! crinkle cut chips at that.

To me 'french fries' and chips are different things. A french fry is long and thin and a chip is chunkier. What DB posted would definitely qualify as a chip.

But I agree, 'fries' are becoming increasingly common in the UK as well. The fried chicken shops have seen to that.

But there is still the distinction that I just mentioned.

Yes, the traditional thick cut ones you get here in fish and chips shops are still called chips as well, but in the old days there was no such thing here as french fries at all. Even the ones that come with hamburgers were called chips, and they were thicker cut than what it served at burger joints today. We also called napkins 'serviettes' back then. A few things like that have changed over time.
el rey del mambo

Return to “Anarchy Zone”