Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Anastasios

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby Anastasios » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:11 pm

Vutulaki wrote:Anyway will be good to have someone with a brain keeping me honest.

All ive had today is a flat white with an equal which is an artificial sweatner I think 50 cals, lunch will be chicken satay and rice 545 cals according to the pack then dinner is steak, potato and sweat corn. I have low cal flavoured mineral water to drink and pears to snack on. Whats your thoughts on fruit/fractose?

Are you a calories in vs out guy or do you think theres more to it? Leigh if you remember him sent me a PDF on carb backloading which I never finished reading, what are your thoughts on this? PM me your email and ill send it to you, its an ebook consisting of some 238 pages so I cant link or cut and paste it here

Sounds like garbage from the moment you started eating the first bite of the day. You need to enter all the items in cronometer so we can see what you are doing. You have to learn to meal prep.

Fruit/fructose is just fine, everything has its purpose.

Calories in vs calories out, yes but not 100%. When you "bulk" or eat more than you burn, your metabolism speeds up and the math gets a little skewed. When you "cut" or eat less than you burn, your metabolism slows down over time and it gets more and more difficult to lose weight, especially fat and not muscle.

You can send that link. Add me back on FB instead. But again, don't get too theoretical. Instead, keep the principles science based and simple such that they can be formulated in a few sentences. Just have this principle the diet adheres to;

When you eat an excessive amount of carbs and calories in general, your blood glucose rises very high and your pancreas have to produce a lot of insulin to transport it into muscle et.c. Whenever your insulin levels go up, your sensitivity to insulin goes lower. If you keep doing these huge meals over and over you develop insulin resistance. This is why you aren't satisfied with portions of food in regular intervals that keeps you in a lower bodyfat level.

Instead of going on a very restrictive diet, which you won't do permanently anyway, go on a lifelong diet. To increase insulin sensitivity faster, you can do different types of exercising. Both heavy weight training and LISS cardio improve insulin sensitivity in their own way.

Meal prep might be a make or break thing for following a diet. To make things ultra simple I would recommend four meals a day with 50g protein and carbs in each, and try to keep the fat not too high. 400 p+c = 1600 calories from there, and if you get to 100g fat you are at 2500 calories. You will have to switch to real foods though.

An example would be 2 chicken 1 fish 1 beef meals.
1: chicken breast wrapped in corn tortilla with a tiny bit of sriracha mayo (can easily wrap a 100 of these and freeze)
2: chicken breast with cashews, veggies, jasmine rice
3: salmon with veggies, rice or repeat #2
4: lean ground beef burger, a slice of cheese, condiments, a bit of air fried sweet potato fries.
Just make it really simple to both prepare and eat. I have been eating out of glass pyrex meal prep boxes the past 5 years for my meal 2 and 3, and my morning chicken breast in tortilla in the car on my way to work.

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:15 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:Anyway will be good to have someone with a brain keeping me honest.

All ive had today is a flat white with an equal which is an artificial sweatner I think 50 cals, lunch will be chicken satay and rice 545 cals according to the pack then dinner is steak, potato and sweat corn. I have low cal flavoured mineral water to drink and pears to snack on. Whats your thoughts on fruit/fractose?

Are you a calories in vs out guy or do you think theres more to it? Leigh if you remember him sent me a PDF on carb backloading which I never finished reading, what are your thoughts on this? PM me your email and ill send it to you, its an ebook consisting of some 238 pages so I cant link or cut and paste it here

Counting calories is gay. I mean, it's ok to count calories for a few days just so you can visualize how much of your favourite foods you should consume in a a day. But I hate those fags who take out their phone and open up myfitnesspal everytime they have a meal.

I've also noticed most of the "calories in calories out" guys are young. 20s to 30s. I'd rather listen to someone who is ripped in their 50s or 60s on this subject. Just sayin'.

Agreed. You should have stable dietary habits. Some days you eat a different kind of food or eat out, some days you have to do tons of physical labor. In the long run it evens itself out and as long as you get your daily meat intake accompanied with what other stuff you need, you don't need more unless you're prepping for a bodybuilding show.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:09 am

Anastasios wrote:

Sounds like garbage from the moment you started eating the first bite of the day. You need to enter all the items in cronometer so we can see what you are doing. You have to learn to meal prep.

Calories in vs calories out, yes but not 100%. When you "bulk" or eat more than you burn, your metabolism speeds up and the math gets a little skewed. When you "cut" or eat less than you burn, your metabolism slows down over time and it gets more and more difficult to lose weight, especially fat and not muscle.

You can send that link. Add me back on FB instead. But again, don't get too theoretical. Instead, keep the principles science based and simple such that they can be formulated in a few sentences. Just have this principle the diet adheres to;

When you eat an excessive amount of carbs and calories in general, your blood glucose rises very high and your pancreas have to produce a lot of insulin to transport it into muscle et.c. Whenever your insulin levels go up, your sensitivity to insulin goes lower. If you keep doing these huge meals over and over you develop insulin resistance. This is why you aren't satisfied with portions of food in regular intervals that keeps you in a lower bodyfat level.

Instead of going on a very restrictive diet, which you won't do permanently anyway, go on a lifelong diet. To increase insulin sensitivity faster, you can do different types of exercising. Both heavy weight training and LISS cardio improve insulin sensitivity in their own way.

Meal prep might be a make or break thing for following a diet. To make things ultra simple I would recommend four meals a day with 50g protein and carbs in each, and try to keep the fat not too high. 400 p+c = 1600 calories from there, and if you get to 100g fat you are at 2500 calories. You will have to switch to real foods though.

1: chicken breast wrapped in corn tortilla with a tiny bit of sriracha mayo (can easily wrap a 100 of these and freeze)
4: lean ground beef burger, a slice of cheese, condiments, a bit of air fried sweet potato fries.
Just make it really simple to both prepare and eat. I have been eating out of glass pyrex meal prep boxes the past 5 years for my meal 2 and 3, and my morning chicken breast in tortilla in the car on my way to work.

Aka take the joy out of eating

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:57 am

Id put $ on me being the most ripped guy here. But the rest of you momos wouldn't post pics of yourself so there would be no point.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:17 am

As the only one who actually knows what I'm talking about: you'd come in a distant second.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:59 am

Lol,
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:01 am

Som-Pong wrote:
Anastasios wrote:

Aka take the joy out of eating

Have to agree with you here

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:12 am

20230919_191958.jpg
20230919_191958.jpg (5.56 MiB) Viewed 14740 times
[
Yeah, it's nice being in good shape and all. However women care little and if you're not making money from it, meh. I'd rather eat moderately healthy and enjoy life rather than eat from a plastic container and be the most ripped guy at work.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:13 am

Anastasios wrote:

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:15 am

Som-Pong wrote:20230919_191958.jpg[
Yeah, it's nice being in good shape and all. However women care little and if you're not making money from it, meh. I'd rather eat moderately healthy and enjoy life rather than eat from a plastic container and be the most ripped guy at work.

A few pages ago you claimed to want to look like the zyzz now youve done a 180 like a woman

Return to “Anarchy Zone”