Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Luigi

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby Luigi » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:37 am

Had a successful bench session last night. However, I started it too late so I stayed up too late and was really tired today. Gotta work on making myself start earlier. Also, for the final rep of each and every top set was a battle. I've noticed when I am fighting for a final rep my core starts doing something weird, the muscles feel like they are seizing up, or something.

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:11 pm

Last nights training

skipped glute rehab exercise, the soreness must go down a bit first. the accumulated soreness has made it so that I can't even sit on the lacrosse ball with my full weight, even when supporting most of my weight I am making grimaces. Will skip glute rehab tomorrow too and see if Thursday is ok for starting again.

Squats 150kg x 8
easy and no feeling in the glute. energy slowly coming back.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:28 pm

Been meal prepping

Breakfast is 2 of these bbassically half the mix

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/prod ... ancake-mix

drizzled with this sugar free maple syrup

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/prod ... ured-syrup

Its actually not bad at all

Lunch all week is 200g of ground beef with as much fat as I could drain out durinng the cooking process
Hhalf a cup off cooked white rice and a cup of boiled broccoli

Post workout Ill havve 2 scoops of syntha 6 protein in water which is just under 50g protein

Work snacks have been bananas and mangoes

What do you think of that?

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:44 pm

Vutulaki wrote:Been meal prepping

Lunch all week is 200g of ground beef with as much fat as I could drain out durinng the cooking process

Post workout Ill havve 2 scoops of syntha 6 protein in water which is just under 50g protein

Good for a start. If you just keep doing the lunches and let the habit become ingrained, you're set. One milestone at a time.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:48 am

Had a good squat session last night and did some curls too. I ended up squatting 8 sets of 5-6 reps at various weights above 295 lbs. My knees are a bit sore but not as sore as I thought they would be after that volume. Sitting in a chair was not fun today as my entire posterior chain is on fire lol Its kinda funny how my squat program is so basic, like caveman level simple, and it just keeps working.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:47 am

I'm probably doing something wrong, but squats don't make me that sore. Split squats kick my ass at 20 kg though.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:07 am

Som-Pong wrote:I'm probably doing something wrong, but squats don't make me that sore. Split squats kick my ass at 20 kg though.

Post a vid of you squatting or just do split squats if you dont care about squatting

I just made a fool of myself at the gym trying to impress some 22ish year old chic, ive known for 30+ years that they dont care about how much you can lift but cant help myself, im so cringe

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:09 am

Anastasios wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:Been meal prepping

Good for a start. If you just keep doing the lunches and let the habit become ingrained, you're set. One milestone at a time.

my breaky too processed? give me a breakfast meal prep idea. I can eat the same things every day now no probs

down to 107.1kg

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:00 am

Luigi wrote:Had a good squat session last night and did some curls too. I ended up squatting 8 sets of 5-6 reps at various weights above 295 lbs. My knees are a bit sore but not as sore as I thought they would be after that volume. Sitting in a chair was not fun today as my entire posterior chain is on fire lol Its kinda funny how my squat program is so basic, like caveman level simple, and it just keeps working.

How many times per week are you hitting each body part or major lift? post your split I cant remember seeing it before

Cheers

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:09 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Som-Pong wrote:I'm probably doing something wrong, but squats don't make me that sore. Split squats kick my ass at 20 kg though.

Post a vid of you squatting or just do split squats if you dont care about squatting

I just made a fool of myself at the gym trying to impress some 22ish year old chic, ive known for 30+ years that they dont care about how much you can lift but cant help myself, im so cringe

Only you care. I still haven't internalized that fact and keep going to heavy while losing out on form and gains due to ego. It's like drinking. Intellectually I know it's retarded but hitting PRs gets me motivated even if it's bad form.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”