Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:33 am

Diet Butcher wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:Hows the higher reps going for you DB? id like to cut down to 3 maybe 2 sessions a week but lifting keeps me sane, off the booze and more well slept
and rested so the more sessions I get in the better

Diet wise im just watching portion sizes by using smaller plates at home plus leaving shit on the plate eating out. Just went to the pub to watch the fights and had fish, salad and chips just ate the salad first then the fish then allowed myself enough chips to finish the tarte sauce off so like 8 chips then handed my plate to the drunks to finish the chips off

Its not working, not losing any weight 109 - 111kg on any given day

I'm enjoying the higher reps at the moment. My goal is not to get any bigger, just to hit every muscle group twice a week in as little time as possible. Usually, when I'm doing 8 or 10 reps, I only struggle with the last 2 or 3 reps. With the 20 reps, I start struggling after10, so half the set I'm given'it all, Gets me nice and sore the next couple of days.

Have you tried intermitent fasting or carb cycling? Once you get used to the routine, it's a piece of cake. Not looking for sub 10% BF and rock a 6 pack.... I'm ok at around 14-15%.

hmm the higher reps sound interesting I did a bench session today and worked my tris accessories up to 18 reps and it hit the spot for sure

As fart as the carb cycling I think its what anastosios is teaching us about, I need to read more into it the actually get my head around the science and the practical application

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:10 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Som-Pong wrote:20230919_191958.jpg[
Yeah, it's nice being in good shape and all. However women care little and if you're not making money from it, meh. I'd rather eat moderately healthy and enjoy life rather than eat from a plastic container and be the most ripped guy at work.

A few pages ago you claimed to want to look like the zyzz now youve done a 180 like a woman

My bad. You must've missed my reply where I said I was being facetious (a cunt) about the zyzz thing.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:12 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Anastasios wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:Anyway will be good to have someone with a brain keeping me honest.

All ive had today is a flat white with an equal which is an artificial sweatner I think 50 cals, lunch will be chicken satay and rice 545 cals according to the pack then dinner is steak, potato and sweat corn. I have low cal flavoured mineral water to drink and pears to snack on. Whats your thoughts on fruit/fractose?

Are you a calories in vs out guy or do you think theres more to it? Leigh if you remember him sent me a PDF on carb backloading which I never finished reading, what are your thoughts on this? PM me your email and ill send it to you, its an ebook consisting of some 238 pages so I cant link or cut and paste it here

Sounds like garbage from the moment you started eating the first bite of the day. You need to enter all the items in cronometer so we can see what you are doing. You have to learn to meal prep.

Fruit/fructose is just fine, everything has its purpose.

Calories in vs calories out, yes but not 100%. When you "bulk" or eat more than you burn, your metabolism speeds up and the math gets a little skewed. When you "cut" or eat less than you burn, your metabolism slows down over time and it gets more and more difficult to lose weight, especially fat and not muscle.

You can send that link. Add me back on FB instead. But again, don't get too theoretical. Instead, keep the principles science based and simple such that they can be formulated in a few sentences. Just have this principle the diet adheres to;

When you eat an excessive amount of carbs and calories in general, your blood glucose rises very high and your pancreas have to produce a lot of insulin to transport it into muscle et.c. Whenever your insulin levels go up, your sensitivity to insulin goes lower. If you keep doing these huge meals over and over you develop insulin resistance. This is why you aren't satisfied with portions of food in regular intervals that keeps you in a lower bodyfat level.

Instead of going on a very restrictive diet, which you won't do permanently anyway, go on a lifelong diet. To increase insulin sensitivity faster, you can do different types of exercising. Both heavy weight training and LISS cardio improve insulin sensitivity in their own way.

Meal prep might be a make or break thing for following a diet. To make things ultra simple I would recommend four meals a day with 50g protein and carbs in each, and try to keep the fat not too high. 400 p+c = 1600 calories from there, and if you get to 100g fat you are at 2500 calories. You will have to switch to real foods though.

An example would be 2 chicken 1 fish 1 beef meals.
1: chicken breast wrapped in corn tortilla with a tiny bit of sriracha mayo (can easily wrap a 100 of these and freeze)
2: chicken breast with cashews, veggies, jasmine rice
3: salmon with veggies, rice or repeat #2
4: lean ground beef burger, a slice of cheese, condiments, a bit of air fried sweet potato fries.
Just make it really simple to both prepare and eat. I have been eating out of glass pyrex meal prep boxes the past 5 years for my meal 2 and 3, and my morning chicken breast in tortilla in the car on my way to work.

Looks very comprehensive. I like the positivity.

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:56 am

Som-Pong wrote:20230919_191958.jpg[
Yeah, it's nice being in good shape and all. However women care little and if you're not making money from it, meh. I'd rather eat moderately healthy and enjoy life rather than eat from a plastic container and be the most ripped guy at work.

This looks excellent. I put my food in glass btw.

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:59 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Anastasios wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:Anyway will be good to have someone with a brain keeping me honest.

All ive had today is a flat white with an equal which is an artificial sweatner I think 50 cals, lunch will be chicken satay and rice 545 cals according to the pack then dinner is steak, potato and sweat corn. I have low cal flavoured mineral water to drink and pears to snack on. Whats your thoughts on fruit/fractose?

Are you a calories in vs out guy or do you think theres more to it? Leigh if you remember him sent me a PDF on carb backloading which I never finished reading, what are your thoughts on this? PM me your email and ill send it to you, its an ebook consisting of some 238 pages so I cant link or cut and paste it here

Sounds like garbage from the moment you started eating the first bite of the day. You need to enter all the items in cronometer so we can see what you are doing. You have to learn to meal prep.

Calories in vs calories out, yes but not 100%. When you "bulk" or eat more than you burn, your metabolism speeds up and the math gets a little skewed. When you "cut" or eat less than you burn, your metabolism slows down over time and it gets more and more difficult to lose weight, especially fat and not muscle.

You can send that link. Add me back on FB instead. But again, don't get too theoretical. Instead, keep the principles science based and simple such that they can be formulated in a few sentences. Just have this principle the diet adheres to;

When you eat an excessive amount of carbs and calories in general, your blood glucose rises very high and your pancreas have to produce a lot of insulin to transport it into muscle et.c. Whenever your insulin levels go up, your sensitivity to insulin goes lower. If you keep doing these huge meals over and over you develop insulin resistance. This is why you aren't satisfied with portions of food in regular intervals that keeps you in a lower bodyfat level.

Instead of going on a very restrictive diet, which you won't do permanently anyway, go on a lifelong diet. To increase insulin sensitivity faster, you can do different types of exercising. Both heavy weight training and LISS cardio improve insulin sensitivity in their own way.

Meal prep might be a make or break thing for following a diet. To make things ultra simple I would recommend four meals a day with 50g protein and carbs in each, and try to keep the fat not too high. 400 p+c = 1600 calories from there, and if you get to 100g fat you are at 2500 calories. You will have to switch to real foods though.

1: chicken breast wrapped in corn tortilla with a tiny bit of sriracha mayo (can easily wrap a 100 of these and freeze)
4: lean ground beef burger, a slice of cheese, condiments, a bit of air fried sweet potato fries.
Just make it really simple to both prepare and eat. I have been eating out of glass pyrex meal prep boxes the past 5 years for my meal 2 and 3, and my morning chicken breast in tortilla in the car on my way to work.

Is that for the whole day?

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:12 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:Hows the higher reps going for you DB? id like to cut down to 3 maybe 2 sessions a week but lifting keeps me sane, off the booze and more well slept
and rested so the more sessions I get in the better

Diet wise im just watching portion sizes by using smaller plates at home plus leaving shit on the plate eating out. Just went to the pub to watch the fights and had fish, salad and chips just ate the salad first then the fish then allowed myself enough chips to finish the tarte sauce off so like 8 chips then handed my plate to the drunks to finish the chips off

Its not working, not losing any weight 109 - 111kg on any given day

I'm enjoying the higher reps at the moment. My goal is not to get any bigger, just to hit every muscle group twice a week in as little time as possible. Usually, when I'm doing 8 or 10 reps, I only struggle with the last 2 or 3 reps. With the 20 reps, I start struggling after10, so half the set I'm given'it all, Gets me nice and sore the next couple of days.

Have you tried intermitent fasting or carb cycling? Once you get used to the routine, it's a piece of cake. Not looking for sub 10% BF and rock a 6 pack.... I'm ok at around 14-15%.

hmm the higher reps sound interesting I did a bench session today and worked my tris accessories up to 18 reps and it hit the spot for sure

As fart as the carb cycling I think its what anastosios is teaching us about, I need to read more into it the actually get my head around the science and the practical application

Carb cycling is one way to do it. I'd just recommend you find a routine and develop stable dietary habits based on real food, if you do it with carb cycling then go ahead, otherwise you can do it with eating the same macros every day.

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:10 pm

I'm going to join in on this for fun. I have been in better shape but lately I have been having ravenous hunger pangs and I have some extra kg of fat.

I am also dealing with a very annoying old injury. I have tendinosis in my left gluteal muscles (medius and minimus, and trochanteric bursitis). The pain was at first not so bad and infrequent, I would forget about it. In november/december 2019 I heard some pops and couldn't lift heavy for a while. It recovered but after my first powerlifting competition in 2021 I decided to switch up my training and increase the volume and even tried hiring a coach which led to a disaster. The pain got worse and worse to the point where it felt like an electric shock whenever I hinged at the hips, and my lower body strength just went down. I tried going to a physio, chiro et.c. to no avail, endless rehab exercises. I finally found a physio who is a national champ in weightlifting and powerlifting himself. He gave me some heavy duty unilateral exercises to try and get the healing process started but it only helped lower the pain a little, so he recommended PRP and hyaluronic acid injection. So far I am 3 weeks and 5 days post injection and I have seen improvements. I still have doubts because I have had this problem for so long that I am accustomed to failure, which is sad. It would be cool to log this here.

Do you guys want to make this thread a training and diet log for all? I'm up for it but it will become a lot of posts, just so you know.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:22 pm

This is the anarchy zone.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:49 pm

Anastasios wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Anastasios wrote:Sounds like garbage from the moment you started eating the first bite of the day. You need to enter all the items in cronometer so we can see what you are doing. You have to learn to meal prep.

Is that for the whole day?

Yes mate the only thing I didnt include was water, it was a non training day and due the app increasing my mindfullness I ate way less than normal, also I was working from home yesterday.

I think im going to try myfitnesspal cause the measurements used on the cronometer app dont work for me. Shit like a "cup of steak" after taking your advice I did some research and MFP has more aussie products in its database than cronometer according to the reviews.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:12 pm

Anastasios wrote:
Do you guys want to make this thread a training and diet log for all? I'm up for it but it will become a lot of posts, just so you know.

I dont give a fuck what they say, thats exactly what I intend on doing but maybe lets post our daily training and diet log once per day to make it easier to follow?

Bench day today

started with bench
Warmed up with the bar and some rotator cuff shit with a plate

Did my normal ramp up with 531 not to be mistaken with Jim Wendler's program I basically warm 5 reps then a set of 3
then singles (hence the 1) until my working set of 8 to 12 in today's case 8 then back off sets as I feel and time allows due to training before work

Seated fly machine
1 warm up set
1 ramp up set of 12
final set to failure

Dips
2 sets to failure unweighted

flat bench DB press
3 sets of 18/14/12 reps

OH triceps extensions
3 sets of 18/14/16 reps

Tricep pushdowns
3 sets of 16/14/18 reps

Food wise
PWO protein shake two scoops with water
few hours later had a coconut chocolate ON proetin bar
Lunch I had a salmon sushi tray then in a rare moment of forward planning bought a take away chicken avo roll so I wouldnt be tempted by all the free snacks at work and it worked
Dinner 1 1/2 cup cooked white rice with honey soy chicken drumetttes with skin on

had my miserable dessert of a half dead banana

gonna have to start meal prepping, just have to think it through cause I work staggered shifts starting work anywhere from 0800 to 1100 and also work from home increasingly now that im getting the hang of this nerd shit im doing

Last two days Ive eaten way better than normal even if its still shitty, as the Malaka said meal prep is key here, large supermarket just opened on the ground floor of my office so that will help, great timing

Post you shit bitches

edit - gym scales which i kinda trust tell me im down to 108kg, doubt thats fat probably water due to way lower carbs than I normally eat

Return to “Anarchy Zone”