UFC signs kickboxing standout Gokhan Saki

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

UFC signs kickboxing standout Gokhan Saki

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri May 26, 2017 4:11 pm

The oft-rumored signing of Dutch kickboxing standout Gokhan Saki has come to fruition.

The UFC has announced Saki (0-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has signed a deal with the company, though no promotional debut or first opponent has been revealed. A likely candidate for his jumping-off point could be the UFC’s “Fight Night” card in Rotterdam in Saki’s home country of the Netherlands.

That event takes place Sept. 2 at Ahoy Rotterdam and streams live on UFC Fight Pass.

Saki has had one MMA fight, but it came nearly 13 years ago – a TKO loss to James Zikic in Liverpool, England. Since then, his career trajectory has been all in kickboxing rings and included a GLORY light heavyweight title and GLORY light heavyweight tournament championship.

The former world, Dutch and European muay Thai champion has notable kickboxing wins over Ray Sefo, Tyrone Spong (twice) and Melvin Manhoef, and also has been in the ring against Alistair Overeem – a fight he lost by TKO thanks to a broken arm in the first round in 2010.

His kickboxing record boasts 83 wins and just 16 losses, and 59 of his 83 wins have come by knockout. He started his career in 2000 and went on the kind of run that earned him a second nickname: “The Turkish Tyson.”

Source http://mmajunkie.com/2017/05/ufc-signs-kickboxing-standout-gokhan-saki-rotterdam-netherlands
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri May 26, 2017 5:54 pm

No idea how much ground game he has, but very cool!

Return to “Super Dojo”