Diet Butcher

Re: Mighty Mouse at the Panams 2024

Postby Diet Butcher » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:37 pm

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:00 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
theraskal wrote:

....and absurd that BJJ black belt somehow takes longer than achieving a University Degree LOL.....

As someone who has a double ungrad Id like to point out that this is possibly the dumbest thing to have been posted on this sub by anyone (except you most likely as I tend to ignore your drivel)

A black belt should take a lot longer to achieve for a myriad of reasons , only people without degrees and time on the matt would say otherwise.

Your expected to be able to apply what you learn at BB stage, at the end of your undergrad your expected to be able to find your way to a certain place everyday without getting killed in traffic in the process thats about it.

A BJJ BB a legit one hhas to not only know the technqiue but hhow to teach people, S&C at a reasonable level, comp prep including peaking and tappering, nutrition and actually make those things work IRL not cram for a test in an aiirconditioned hall

I agree. It should take at least 10 years at least to get a BJJ black belt.

It is unfathomably deep, deeper than most people even purple belts etc would ever guess. Not only do you need to intellectually memorize all the technique but also engrain them into muscle-memory. It's so deep, this takes time. This would be FAST PROGRESS, imo (unusual):

White - 1/2 years minimum
Blue - 3 years minimum
Purple - 3 years minimum
Brown - 3 years minimum
All consistent non-stop training 3x+ per week

Maybe some BJ Penn rich kid that can afford to train every day can do it in less but I'd be suspect.

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 pm

Id like to point out that this is possibly the dumbest thing to have been posted on this sub by anyone (except you most likely as I tend to ignore your drivel)-----

LOL, ok, might as well make the Requirement UFC champ. If one can't apply what he knows to become UFC champ then he doesn't rate the Black Belt.

Judo on the other hand is very technical yet more reasonable in its promotion...and also often more reasonably priced to learn :mrgreen:

Judo, like Wrestling, is also more culturally reasonably humble, it doesn't promote this DELUSION of Black Belt invincibility

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm

just did a quick check:

to become a NAVY SEAL takes 12 months and just LOOK at ALL THE SKILLS they must learn....yet BJJ black belt requires a DECADE?

doesn't seem like a very good Self-Defense system if it takes a DECADE to master the ability to defend oneself?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 pm

theraskal wrote:just did a quick check:

to become a NAVY SEAL takes 12 months and just LOOK at ALL THE SKILLS they must learn....yet BJJ black belt requires a DECADE?

doesn't seem like a very good Self-Defense system if it takes a DECADE to master the ability to defend oneself?

I'm guessing you haven't done any sort of grappling.

You don't need a black belt to be able to use BJJ effectively in self defence.

Ability to defend yourself, and mastering the art are 2 different things completely.

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:58 am

I have a respectable grappling history.....but choose to apply the same logic and reasoning as I would to anything else and which keeps me from getting hustled by MAGAtardism, Self-Help Guru FANboying, and so on.

Navy Seal: 12 months

Green Beret: A little over a Year

BJJ Black Belt: a DECADE

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:36 am

.....and I will also add that I humbly apologize if I caused offense with my mischief....but somebody give MightMouse a Black belt already :mrgreen:

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 pm

The entry bar for enntering any tier 1 special forces is extremely high, BJJ isnt you dont have to survive hell week to get your white belt but youhave to survive it just to begin training for the seals and the vast majority are current or former military so of course they graduate a lot sooner. They are in full time training for a year whereas the average BJJ player isnt most may train for 3 nights a week at the start and have day jobs. Someone already tried explaining that a rich kidd who can train BJJ FT may be able to get there much sooner

Can you stop posting on this site? youre worse than the autists tactless and fatboy literally no one likes you or even njoys debating you or enjoys hating you youre too lame to even hate its weird

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:17 pm

Vutulaki wrote:Can you stop posting on this site? youre worse than the autists tactless and fatboy literally no one likes you or even njoys debating you or enjoys hating you youre too lame to even hate its weird

I kind of skipped over the unnecessary babble to concentrate on the important content expressed in that last statement there and after giving some serious consideration I have decided to continue posting due to your obvious enjoyment of my good fellowship :D

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:46 pm

It's like Vutu is Homer Simpson and theraskal is Ned Flanders. :lol:

Return to “Super Dojo”