You hate pro wrestling yet u tune in when Brock headlines...

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Señor Penis

You hate pro wrestling yet u tune in when Brock headlines...

Postby Señor Penis » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:33 am

PRIDE had both MMA AND Pro Wrestling. So why do MMA fans hate pro wrestling?

Brock was brought in 1-0 and ended up winning the UFC HW belt.

MMA Fans still hate on Brock and pro wreslting in general. I don't get it??

You think the falls these guys take is not real? Try falling off a ladder and see if you're ok. Get hit by a chair and get back to me.

365 days a week... these guys are taking hits. Pain killers are band aids for the injuries these guys suffer.

On the flip side MMA guys are twisting their knees and getting surgery. WWE guys do not have that luxury. Must wrestle through it.

Hopefully Bellator signs Brock vs Lashley and UFC sign CM Punk vs a rookie.

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:27 am

lol. prob because wrestling is FAKE :lol:

I doubt anyone "hates" it, more likely the majority 'grew out of it'.

It's basically a soap opera for prepubescent boys.

EDIT: lol @ mayhem. fucking love that guy.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:07 am

I generally see two kinds of mma fans in regards to pro wrestling: 1.those who understand both are cut from the same cloth and respect everything that pro wrestling means to mma and vice versa, and 2.those who just think of it as childish fake fighting and loath the fact it exists. Its a 50-50 split and its very polarizing.

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:41 am

I see what you're saying, I personally don't know anyone who "loathes" it, but that's just me. moved on is more like it imo.

& lol @ using lesnar as an example. his winning the HW title had NOTHING to do with his experience in pro wrestling. they guy was legit & would have prob been an ever greater force if he hadn't wasted his youth in pro wrestling.

two-time NJCAA All-American, 1998 NJCAA Heavyweight Champion, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Conference Champion, and the 2000 NCAA heavyweight champion with a record of 106–5 overall in four years of college

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:52 am

Maybe Im just used to sherdog, but some of the guys over there have some serious disdain for it lol I watched as a kid but stopped when I was about 14. I can still appreciate it and laugh at some old clips, but ya I dont watch it anymore either.

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:35 am

^ lol. yeah, I haven't been to sherdog in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

& I'm not knocking it, even burned a few nights watching old brett hart, ultimate warrior, etc. docs on netflix (& god damn that shit looks cheesy now as an adult :lol: ).

but comparing pro wrestling with MMA is 'apples to oranges' imho.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:19 pm

The Montreal screwjob was bullshit man! lol jk it was pretty funny. Ya they are definitely really different, but their history is intertwined and one is a direct imitation of the other.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:59 pm

- Wrestling is real.
People are fake.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:29 pm

Luigi wrote:Maybe Im just used to sherdog, but some of the guys over there have some serious disdain for it lol I watched as a kid but stopped when I was about 14. I can still appreciate it and laugh at some old clips, but ya I dont watch it anymore either.

I agree. the commentary is/was hilarious listening to it now. top notch. I think most of that stuff prob flew over my head as a kid, but heenan & co. were awesome. I can def still appreciate it.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:03 pm

Edge schooling all of or ignorant asses

Wrestling is what satisfied that part of us before MMA came along. When I saw Sakuraba do it for real coming out in masks and entertaining the crowd my mind fucking exploded. I never went back.

I appreciate wrestling for the physical stunts etc, and the comedy. Little else that I can't find 1000x better in MMA.

Then again I encourage everyone to not lose their imaginative side, so however this part of us likes to play is OK, be it comics or movies or music or whatever. If wrestling activates that part of your creativity so be it

Return to “Super Dojo”