Striking Arts Super Thread

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Luigi

Striking Arts Super Thread

Postby Luigi » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:35 am

Nice bump Edge! That old Chinese footage is pretty cool. Also note the use of "catch as catch can" in the first video. Its interesting that it seems he wasnt specifically referring to the grappling art, as he used it to describe Jiu Jitsu. Rather at that time it seems it was a basic part of vocabulary to describe anything goes wrestling techniques, similar to "no holds barred."

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:09 am

Luigi wrote:Nice bump Edge! That old Chinese footage is pretty cool. Also note the use of "catch as catch can" in the first video. Its interesting that it seems he wasnt specifically referring to the grappling art, as he used it to describe Jiu Jitsu. Rather at that time it seems it was a basic part of vocabulary to describe anything goes wrestling techniques, similar to "no holds barred."

- Yes. Would be coll if they did a movie about that period in time. But a movie that portrail kung-fu and grappling without overpowering one over the other.

I think Keanu could direct, Man of Taichi is very good.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:54 am

Ya man of taichi was pretty cool. You would be surprised how much grappling is in kung fu. I saw a guide to shoalin kung fu from the early 90s and they had a full chapter, prolly about a 4th of the book, on grappling. There were only a few takedowns but a ton of counters to takedowns, many of which involved grabbing the balls lol

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:56 am

Luigi wrote:Ya man of taichi was pretty cool. You would be surprised how much grappling is in kung fu. I saw a guide to shoalin kung fu from the early 90s and they had a full chapter, prolly about a 4th of the book, on grappling. There were only a few takedowns but a ton of counters to takedowns, many of which involved grabbing the balls lol

- Grabbing another man balls is against the male code of honor, several un-writing rules that males of several species follow.
A lion don`t attack`s another lion balls, a Rhino don`t attack another rhino balls. It`s un-gentleman like.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”