Just (re-)Signed up for BJJ..!!

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Just (re-)Signed up for BJJ..!!

Postby Masato » Mon May 09, 2016 10:56 am

So I went out Saturday to an MMA class taught by our very own Canuckster

THANKS!

Was tons of fun but I'm sore as hell, lol also my toe is kinda fucked, I bent it back pretty gnarly it's still swollen and hurts but no real injury

We don't do those kind of drills at my regular club... was kind of an eye-opener as to how light I actually roll most of the time. But it was fun to try to make my jitz work under slightly rougher conditions.... I thought everyone there was better than they were, I tend to turn it down a bit with such folk to avoid injury or gassing (don't care much about winning or losing), but had I known they were as green as they were maybe I coulda turned it up. I'll try to tap that kid next time, lol Nice fellas though, good group.

Good luck to that dude fighting next week

Would love to come out more Saturdays, was hella fun.

Canuckster is a beast, lol

but I made him bleed :D

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon May 09, 2016 1:32 pm

Thanks dude, indeed you did make me bleed my own blood.

You're welcome anytime to come out.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Mon May 09, 2016 2:12 pm

I love grappling. NO GI all the way . I am of the mindset of 'grappling for MMA' or 'Grappling that works'. The whole spinning , inverted stuff is really cool, recently I went to a 10th Planet gym . It was pretty cool to test my wrastle based style against this more flexible technical flow style. Was fun.

I teach at my local club and I teach more of a catch, wrestle style than a bjj style. Lots of leg/ knee reaping and dirty shitty tricks lol that is illegal at BJJ comps but is valuable in a real situation or viable in MMA.

My key concept is control the head (eyes need to look to implement) and hips (power of legs and torso go through them ). This and learn to manipulate the joints, practice stripping meat of a chicken!! seriously !!

I started teaching about a year a go, I have learnt more than I did in the last ten . Brain is now totally engaged. I highly recommend it .

I am out tonight , on the menu is , armless (using my arm not theres) triangles from mount :) oh yeah.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri May 13, 2016 8:25 am

- I would love to train with you guys. I`m a grappler and a kicker and my punching technique sucks.

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”