BJJ Prodigy @ my Club

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

BJJ Prodigy @ in my Kid's Club

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:15 pm

Canuckster wrote:You want me to go fuck him up for ya boss?

- I'm gonna help you.

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:00 am

lol

Its amazing how much respect the kid gets at that club. Everyone acts as though they are privileged to have him there. Everyone knows he's (relatively) the hardest worker there and will pass them all in skill before he's old enough to drive

So far the kid's head is on straight, I hope he can keep it that way

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:45 am

Here is an interesting prize;

The winner of this tournament a few months ago would get their own custom shoe design! How Creative!

So of course Brandon won it again, and got to sit with the designer together and plan out the shoe. Brandon picked the idea, colors, placing etc

What a cool idea, he was happy with it

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:51 am

If anyone's interested there are a bunch more vids on his FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/Brandon-The-Wo ... 65/photos/

Its fun to hear the Dad's stories about all the encounters they have around different clubs and tournaments.

He competed with some brown belt of Japanese Jiu Jitsu, and apparently the brown belt was all cocky and thinking it wasn't fair he should be fighting a kid. Brandon tapped him in a few short minutes, lol

Here's some pics I grabbed. Such an interesting and unique person

He does more than just jitz, he's into mountain biking, scuba, etc. This made me happy to hear, there is balance in his life

Rolling with adults (he can hang with most):

Other kids and his competitors seem to like him. He's not an ego kid at all, everyone likes him immediately even if he fucks you up, lol

lol

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:02 pm

- Cool job.
He look's to be the same size of Dan Hardy on this picture:

:D
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:17 pm

OK so the kid is STILL training like 6X a week, and competing at every tournament he can, as often as possible, winning gold, gold, gold EVERY SINGLE TIME.

He JUST competed at the World's in California, and won Gold in BOTH Gi and No-gi. He is now 3x World No-Gi Champion, and 2x World Gi Champion

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:23 pm

He's there almost every time I train, I get to roll and drill with him tons. He is such a cool kid, so kind and humble its really weird.

Here he is doing some Fedor-style shit. Kid also does triathalons and distance biking, he is a physical specimen.

The guy on the right is the only guy at the club I hate rolling with.
Nice enough guy, but he is super fuckin strong and fast, and full of energy like a hyper kid lol. Also his jitz is really great so he just smashes me over and over, lol he doesn't give anything up for us lower belts, like for all his skill he hasn't yet figured out how to roll light :D

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:25 am

We call those guys you're talking about meatheads, kid found his passion, gonna be a monster that's awesome.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:16 pm

OK check this out:

This kid is STILL going strong...

He was winning all the youth divisions so easily, somehow my teacher got the OK to give him a Blue Belt even though he's only 15. He's actually IMO @ a much higher level but he wanted to go through the belt system legitimately.

So last weekend he competed AS AN ADULT in the Blue Belt Division even though he is only 15, and won Double-Gold both Gi and No-Gi. He won all his matches by submission

This is a really amazing accomplishment, the kid is something special. Always humble, kind, good with kids and easy on old men like me :D

Here are some photos of him helping coach the kids at the same event (yes even while he was preparing to compete he helps the kids). Lil' Masato was not there but the kids from the team that went all placed, 3 gold 1 silver.

On the right:

On the left:

Return to “Super Dojo”