BJJ Prodigy @ my Club

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

BJJ Prodigy @ my Club

Postby Masato » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:46 pm

Hey all

There is a 12-year old in my BJJ club that has been astounding me since I first saw him.

He is super-mature, trains with dedication like 5-6 times a week, and is an absolute pleasure to watch on the mats. Because he is young, he can't be graded yet for real belts, but everyone says his jitz is easily close to a purple-belt level, and HE'S ONLY 12.

Apparently he absolutely smashes every competition he does. Last tourney he subbed every opponent in under a minute.

He is also a great teacher (he's regularly at my son's class and helps generously with the smaller kids), and a natural leader imo. Very humble and kind, all around just very impressed with this kid.

Some people recently put together a HL Reel of him, and I'm super psyched to share it:

Brandon 'The Wolf' Haire:

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:37 pm

I remember some kids like this when I used to wrestle. I remember this intense Russian guy who used to run laps around the mats on only his knees and his son was a beast. These kids either turn into champions, or get fed up with the pressure and expectations and quit entirely.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:57 pm

Luigi wrote:I remember some kids like this when I used to wrestle. I remember this intense Russian guy who used to run laps around the mats on only his knees and his son was a beast. These kids either turn into champions, or get fed up with the pressure and expectations and quit entirely.

- That's the truth.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:50 pm

I'd like to see him fight Ronda.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:35 pm

Luigi wrote:I remember some kids like this when I used to wrestle. I remember this intense Russian guy who used to run laps around the mats on only his knees and his son was a beast. These kids either turn into champions, or get fed up with the pressure and expectations and quit entirely.

I was in karate for a while when I was really little. The teacher sent me to the corner when I couldn't focus within the span of a few seconds.

And that, folks, is why I've never been passionate about martial arts.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:11 pm

^ fuck that teacher, man!

You are missing a world of wonder. If you trust us we can introduce you PROPERLY to a realm that might just bring your Kitsune mission some serious Budo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Many great tales to be told

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:39 pm

SRBrant wrote:
I was in karate for a while when I was really little. The teacher sent me to the corner when I couldn't focus within the span of a few seconds.

And that, folks, is why I've never been passionate about martial arts.

- You shold give another try.
Now that you're older you can see the world with other eyes, it's diferent whem we train to be a power-ranger(I'm Tommy, said first) and whem we train to socialize, do a sport to keep ative.

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:03 pm

OK so I got to roll with the kid for the 1st time last night for about half an hour straight. (small class)

We did 8 minute rounds, then 5, the 3's

Was perhaps the most fun rolling I've had in years... seriously an absolute pleasure.

He is SO much better than me, but my weight/strength kind of evened it out. I didn't want to ever use my full weight on him so I was grappling maybe 100% technique but only 40-50% strength. He was training seriously, I could tell he was imagining fighting in an open-weight scenario to see how he would handle it.

It was like rolling with a purple belt, but just not getting my ass completely kicked, it was really quite a perfect balance for a dynamic and interesting roll. He tapped me out like 5-6 times though, lol - if he gets your back you're fucked.

I should have tapped on an armbar I managed to escape, because my shoulder is all fucked up now. Knee too.

He is 12.

:D

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:44 pm

You want me to go fuck him up for ya boss?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Super Dojo”