Strength & conditioning discussion thread

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Vutulaki-san

Strength & conditioning discussion thread

Postby Vutulaki-san » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:27 pm

Discuss all things S@C related including but not limited to lifting, cardio, nutrition, programs or recovery related.

Having a rest day today, might get a massage or soak in an epsom salt bath to recover. My quads are destroyed.

Yesterday was squat day, I did LB squats working up to sets of doubles with short rest periods @ 120kg did 5 sets of those and not feeling it.

Followed up with 3 x 5 front squats @ 80kg, wrists were fried so I didnt go heavier.

For assistance work I did a few sets of leg press followed up with some calf work cause Ive been falling slightly forward on my heavy back squats lately.

For some prehab I did some foam rolling then dead hangs from a chin u bar to decompress my spine. I really recommend dead hangs after heavy squats you can feel your discs separate and diaphragm open up which cant be a bad thing.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:33 pm

I recommend doing 10 light sets of posting in blue, then do 5 more in the AZ in red.

Do another rep of this in the evening, and finish off by doing 15 minutes of posting in orange. (not the light orange, the nice deep orange)

Drink a protien shake, then get yourself a motherfucking avatar.

Vutulaki-san

Postby Vutulaki-san » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:53 pm

Why the fuck wont you make me the avatar? busy mate?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:09 pm

He made you an av you fucking ingrate.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki-san

Postby Vutulaki-san » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:51 am

Where the fuck is it Bowie?

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:14 am

lol... perhaps Masato should make a separate thread for that avatar.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:23 am

I think I have quadriceps tendonitis (pain right above the kneecaps). It's a bitch cuz I can't do deep squats or lunges anymore. My leg days are fucked.

Vutulaki-san

Postby Vutulaki-san » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:35 am

Diet Butcher wrote:I think I have quadriceps tendonitis (pain right above the kneecaps). It's a bitch cuz I can't do deep squats or lunges anymore. My leg days are fucked.

Yeah can you describe the pain in more detail?

I have access to some very knowledgeable s&c guys plus a few physiotherapist in my extended family.

Let's get you squatting big numbers by xmas bro. I was told by a doctor that I would never squat again and im nearing 2x body weight now for my 1rm.

I promise ill get you right. Plus im working from home now so this will be a good project to learn me some stuffs about anatomy not to mention prehab for squatting.

Vutulaki-san

Postby Vutulaki-san » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:51 am

I ended up going to the gym cause the wife wanted to take the kids to swimming class leaving me nothing to do except watch lifting vids which drove me to lift I got so bored with it.

Bench

Couple of warm u sets with emphases on my set up which is lacking.

Did 5x5 with 2 plates.

Deadlift

Couple of warm ups then worked up to a triple @ 160kg

headed upstairs and did 2 sets of face pulls IDK what weight but a comfortable 8 reps each set.

Post work out

large chocolate milk that has 19g protein followed by some on special were closing now Chicken Pad Thai.

Bowie you must lift being a TMA guy, do you hang some chin ups off the back of your hot sand hand conditioning sessions?

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:25 am

- Woody Allen has a bigger deadlift than mine.
I've started trying to improve, been negligent that lift since forever.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”