At Shaolin

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Luigi

At Shaolin

Postby Luigi » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:39 pm

Lord Vutulaki wrote:
Luigi wrote:KB was slowly developed by individuals starting in the 50s, Sanda was systematized by the communist government in the 20s. KB is Sanda without throws would be more accurate, both are clearly distinct though.

KB is a watered down version of MT, MT has been around since the second Burmese invasion yes?

KB is karate+boxing. The Thais like to point out that the pioneers of kickboxing in Japan were inspired by seeing Muay Thai, but that doesnt explain how American "Full Contact Karate" was identical to KB without Thai influence.

Also, MT is Muay Boran+Western boxing. If you look at the early history of Muay Thai, the stadiums were originally used for Western boxing matches while people were still doing Muay Boran in sand pits. Muay Thai was created as a fusion of the two styles. If you choose to consider MT as simply Boran with boxing gloves on then I dont see why you wouldnt consider KB to be karate with boxing gloves on.

Vutulaki-san

Postby Vutulaki-san » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:54 am

Have you not seen the JVCD documentary "Kickboxer"?

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:08 am

Tong po was one of my heroes growing up.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:08 am

- The monks are performers, so they do physical tricks, tricks that most people can't perform, i think the young ones would fare good against some streets thugs from countries with more sedentarism, just based on athletic ability alone.

Just like gymnast takes a toil of the body, those monks training methods are for high performing tricks, they don't care about longevity, not athletic one, they are put to hard training since young age, again just like gymnasts.

And unlike martial arts like boxing or muay-thai that have techniques developed to support environment, and that the average joe can train and perform well without having to train like hollyfield, wushu was always taught as a performative art?
For me the thing that attract more people are the incredible things those guys do, but when we think about the general public, they want to perform like those guys, but don't have the time or desire to train like them. Just like the vast majority of us.

I think that kung-fu is a beautiful martial-art, but with more emphasis on the art, than on the the combat aspect, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Shaolin Kung Fu Performance - 2013 LA Shaolin Temple Cultural Festival(Complete):

- I've tried to find a very cool thumbling vid with shaoling monk's performing the training on a grass field, but i cound't find again. :cry:
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:18 am

Luigi wrote:
Lord Vutulaki wrote:
Luigi wrote:KB was slowly developed by individuals starting in the 50s, Sanda was systematized by the communist government in the 20s. KB is Sanda without throws would be more accurate, both are clearly distinct though.
KB is karate+boxing. The Thais like to point out that the pioneers of kickboxing in Japan were inspired by seeing Muay Thai, but that doesnt explain how American "Full Contact Karate" was identical to KB without Thai influence.

- Kickboxing was first created in Japan i think even before the 50's, it's was created by karate fighters that fought in muay-thai, as a rule set that would allow practiones of bot martial arts to fare in fair rules. Kickboxing was karatê + muaythai before it's was karatê+boxing, i think the europeans put boxing with karate before the americans did. Europe has a huge tradition on karatê, taekwon-do and muay-thai.

Also, MT is Muay Boran+Western boxing. If you look at the early history of Muay Thai, the stadiums were originally used for Western boxing matches while people were still doing Muay Boran in sand pits. Muay Thai was created as a fusion of the two styles. If you choose to consider MT as simply Boran with boxing gloves on then I dont see why you wouldnt consider KB to be karate with boxing gloves on.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

wiz cool c

Postby wiz cool c » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:25 am

I have been asked to come back and join the group, but I don’t waste my time with low lives,they are miserable souls that want to bring you down with them.they have a very limited understanding of life and think that being an internet tough guy is the ultimate goal of life.

Originally one of these tough guys thought a topic of shaolin kung fu would be an easy target for bullying, of course he thought all shaolin students do is forms. When he found out they spar at a very intense level, feeling foolish he had to immediately retaliate with[that is the worst stuff I ever saw and start mentioning kickboxing] when I show a video of me toying with kickboxers he feels even more stupid and continues with the tough guy talk. No thanks I got more important things to do like have the documentary film being made about me finished, and which publisher to go with on my book;]

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:34 am

^ welcome back wiz cool c

You take it too hard imo

If you want to have a movie released about you and write a book etc, I would say it might be wise to get ready for negative comments, because they will come 100%. Not because you don't deserve respect, but because its just a part of the fame-game. Especially about Martial Arts/Kung fu etc... people are territorial about that shit and have strong opinions. When you put yourself out there, not everyone is going to understand, and not everyone feels the need to hold their tongue all the time.

Your post shows a lot of hurt/frustration, talk of bullying... 'internet tough guy'... saying someone else feels foolish, "the worst stuff I ever saw", 'feeling stupid', "I got more important things to do", etc etc. Maybe is because as the ego rises ('toying with kickboxers', making a film about yourself etc), the defensiveness also rises with it. This would seem natural...

If one or 2 mofos online can build up this much resentment inside, I fear for you when your projects are finished and released (good luck on them btw)

Perhaps you could reflect on some of the Shaolin wisdom to find a place in mind and soul where this stuff doesn't bother you so much, and you are able to deal with whatever negatives come back in an easier way.

Seriously, I offer this with love and respect; analyze your emotions that arose as result of your experience on this forum, and what drove you to make this last post. How did you feel inside? Is that a good feeling? Worthy of Shaolin?

Wishing you well on all your projects, I would absolutely love to hear more about the process and when they will be ready. Hopefully you will come back and share with us, it's really cool... and let the bastards here have their fun and laugh with us at their crazy posts.

wiz cool c

Postby wiz cool c » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:42 pm

or i could just not waste my time here;]

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:46 am

This is true.

Good luck sir. When you find a forum free of cunts,please pm me the location. The rest of these cunts Don't deserve to know it. Good luck and godspeed.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:13 am

As Winnson is fond of saying. If you ever find another person (changed that from man, see how I avoid trigger words, Impressive eh?) that agrees with you on everything one of you is a liar. Disagreement is usually a good thing, otherwise you end up a dicklicker. Nobody wants to be a dicklicker I reckon.
I utilize a shit load of Bagua or maybe flip or whatever, but triangular footwork. Just because it comes from TMA don't make it stupid. You have a bunch of flyweight spazzes flailing at each other. And a vid of you going semi-contact vs a full-contact guy in a semi-contact setting. Show me a clip of you going that hard on a 14 year old MT boy and you'd get smacked around the ring.
Anyways, good luck to you.

Return to “Super Dojo”