Bellator Dynamite

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Bellator Dynamite

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:43 am

- Card for the upcoming MMA event: Bellator Dynamite

Bellator MMA & Glory: Dynamite 1 is an upcoming mixed martial arts and kickboxing hybrid event that will be held on September 19, 2015 at the SAP Center in San Jose, California, USA. The event will air live and free in prime time on Spike.

Main Card (Spike TV)
Weight class Method Round Time Notes
Light Heavyweight (MMA) Liam McGeary (c) vs. Tito Ortiz [a]
Light Heavyweight (MMA) TBD vs. TBD
Light Heavyweight (Kickboxing) Saulo Cavalari vs. Zack Mwekassa [c]
Lightweight (MMA) Josh Thomson vs. Mike Bronzoulis
Welterweight (Kickboxing) Paul Daley vs. Fernando Gonzalez
Women's Bantamweight (Kickboxing) Keri Anne Taylor-Melendez vs. Hadley Griffith
Light Heavyweight (MMA) Emanuel Newton vs. Phil Davis [d]
Light Heavyweight (MMA) Muhammed Lawal vs. Linton Vassell

[b] Preliminary Card (Spike.com)

Featherweight (MMA) Victor Jones vs. David Blanco
Women's Flyweight (MMA) Gloria Telles vs. Alysia Cortez
Lightweight (MMA) Nick Pica vs. Mauricio Alonso
Lightweight (Kickboxing) Jose Palacios vs. TJ Arcengal
Middleweight (MMA) Brandon Hester vs. DeMarco Villalona
Lightweight (MMA) Israel Delgado vs. JJ Okanovich
Welterweight (MMA) James Terry vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha
Flyweight (MMA) Matt Ramirez vs. Josh Paiva
Featherweight (Kickboxing) Serhiy Adamchuck vs. Anvar Boynazarov [f]
Bantamweight (MMA) Gabe Carrasco vs. Joe Neal
Lightweight (MMA) Adam Piccolotti vs. Marlen Magee
Featherweight (MMA) Ousmane Thomas Diagne vs. Mike Malott
Light Heavyweight (MMA) Francis Carmont vs. Roy Boughton

Source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellator_MMA_%26_Glory:_Dynamite_1

http://bellator.spike.com/events/qdari9/bellator-142-dynamite-1

For more news about the event:

http://mmajunkie.com/events/bellator-141-dynamite

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/everything-you-need-to-know-about-bellator-dynamite
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:07 pm

Im really stoked for this. Some great kickboxing and great mma all in one card!

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:35 pm

Luigi wrote:Im really stoked for this. Some great kickboxing and great mma all in one card!

- THis!
Is a very good card, i am cheering to Tito win and retire, the guy desserves this, he carried UFC on his sholders.
Look's like a very promising event.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:04 am

Glory title fight ready to steal the show at Bellator Dynamite

By Fraser Coffeen@FCoffeen on Sep 17, 2015, 8:00a

It's a big weekend for Bellator with their Dynamite show taking place Saturday - here's a look at what is primed to be the fight of the night. Spoiler: it's not a Bellator fight at all.

This week, the eyes of the MMA community are firmly on Bellator, as the company presents their first ever "Dynamite" show this Saturday, September 19 live on Spike. Bellator is getting a lot of attention for Dynamite, as the company presents a mixture of Bellator MMA and Glory kickboxing fights, a one night four man tournament, plus a Tito Ortiz main event. There's a lot to draw your attention, no doubt. But interestingly, what stands to be the fight of the night isn't even a Bellator fight at all.

Saulo Cavalari vs. Zack Mwekassa may not be the fight MMA fans are most knowledgeable about, but it is absolutely the one they should be the most excited about.

Cavalari and Mwekassa square off in a rematch for the Glory Light Heavyweight title - a title currently sitting vacant after Gokhan Saki left the organization earlier this year. If you're not sure why you should be so looking forward to this fight, consider this:

Cavalari is a Brazilian striking beast. Hailing from the mecca of Brazilian combat sports violence, Curitiba, Cavalari is a dynamic, aggressive fighter with terrific technical striking skills. He's 5-1 in Glory, with his only loss coming against the superb Tyrone Spong. A year ago, at Glory 18, he upset the heavily favored and top ranked Danyo Ilunga, and has looked unstoppabe ever since.
Mwekassa is one of the most powerful punchers in kickboxing today. The occasional pro boxer is 3-1 in Glory, with all 3 wins coming via violent (and I do mean VIOLENT) KO. He is still likely best known for his Glory debut where he turned off Pat Barry's lights, but that is just the tip of the iceberg on his highlight reel. Here's his decapitation of Brian Collette:

In case that's not enough, Mwekassa is also perhaps the most interesting man in combat sports today. He's fled a volcano (while pulling his family to safety), been bitten by snakes, poisoned, shot, and treated to a spectacular hero's welcome in Africa. He eats nothing but caterpillars for 21 days before he fights. He's an amazing figure, whose story must be read. Get all the details here and here.

Finally, in case there is any doubt, consider that this is a rematch from 2014, and that first fight was a great one. There, the two met in the finals of a four man tournament. Mwekassa's conditioning failed him, and Cavalari took the win with a beautiful head kick KO. Watch the video above.

Saturday night, it may be Bellator's name most prominently featured on the marquee, but it's Glory who is ready to steal the show on the backs of Cavalari and Mwekassa. And if they deliver, perhaps it will expose Glory to MMA fans who have not yet made the jump to kickboxing, bringing a wider audience to the next official Glory show on October 9. Glory needs that bump in attention right now - we'll see if they can get it Saturday night.

Source:http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/9/17/9333415/bellator-dynamite-mma-kickboxing-glory-title-best-fight-saulo-cavalari-zack-mwekassa

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:45 am

Looks like fedors in Bellator and cokers got the crazy pride lady announcer, seems like. The pride resurgence were hearing about might be headed by coker.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:23 pm

Besides the fact that there were way more MMA than kickboxing fights, that event was awesome!

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:17 am

they definitely pulled out the stops on that show, and it was a decent card overall. as good or better than ufcs sttuff lately.

i loved seing the pride style event again.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:23 pm

Better than most UFC cards this year imo. The only ones I can think of that were better were Werdum-Cain, DC-AJ and McGregor-Mendes.

Return to “Super Dojo”