Van Roosmalen vs Sitthichai confirmed for GLORY 25 MILAN

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Van Roosmalen vs Sitthichai confirmed for GLORY 25 MILAN

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:34 pm

By John Joe O'Regan@johnjoeoregan on Sep 28, 2015, 2:00p

Robin van Roosmalen and Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong are on collision course. The two will meet in the headline fight of GLORY 25 MILAN on Friday, November 6 with Van Roosmalen's world lightweight championship on the line. The fight is one of the most anticipated in the current kickboxing landscape and follows Sitthichai's winning of the GLORY 22 FRANCE lightweight contender tournament.

In the semi-finals of the tournament Sitthichai stopped former champion Davit Kiria, an impressive feat considering Kiria has previously demonstrated unkillable levels of toughness and has never before been stopped in a kickboxing match.

Sitthichai then dominated the rising young Canadian talent Josh Jauncey in the tournament final, though it has to be noted that there is a gulf of experience between the two and Jauncey is far from written off. In fact he is also fighting at GLORY 25 MILAN, against no less a personage than former world #1 Giorgio Petrosyan.

The lightweight title fight between Van Roosmalen (34-6-0, 19 KO's) and Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong (99-27-5, 26 KO's) is an interesting match on a number of levels, not least because it is the epitome of style vs. style.

Van Roosmalen is a textbook example of the Dutch kickboxing style, a flurry puncher and volume leg-kicker. Sitthichai, trained in his native Thailand from a young age, is a master of some of Muay Thai's most fundamental weapons. His left body-kick is already infamous and his knees are very dangerous too.

GLORY today confirmed the title match by way of a press release.

"I'm going to pressure [Sitthichai]. He doesn't like being put under pressure and pushed backwards," Van Roosmalen is quoted as saying. "It will be a great fight and I look forward to keeping hold of this belt for a long time."

Southpaw-standing Sitthichai had his own observations to make: "It is very difficult for an orthodox-stance fighter to withstand the the damage from my powerful left kicks. [Van Roosmalen] is tough and has good heart; he will be harder to hurt than my past opponents. He is also dangerous, a heavy puncher."

GLORY 25 MILAN takes place Friday, November 6 at The PalaIper in Monza, Milan, Italy. The event also hosts a four-man Welterweight Contender Tournament, the winner of which will earn a shot at GLORY Welterweight World Champion Nieky Holzken.

In the meantime GLORY's next event takes place Friday October 9 in Denver, Colorado and sees Los Angeles man Joe ‘Stitch Em Up' Schilling take on rising Dutch challenger Jason ‘Psycho' Wilnis in a fight which could well produce the next middleweight title challenger.

Source:http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/9/28/9409671/van-roosmalen-vs-sitthichai-confirmed-for-glory-25-milan

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:20 pm

Great fight, Sittichai has decimated top competition already and looks like he will be the next Buakaw. Then again he is a bit inconsistent as he lost to Dylan Salvador a year or so ago. RvR is a beast but he has always been a bit small for 154. Honestly I have no idea how this one will go.

Return to “Super Dojo”