Mirko Cro-cop retired on his own therms:

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Mirko Cro-cop retired on his own therms:

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:12 am

The former Pride Open Weight Grand Prix champion said that he injured his shoulder and, try as he might, was unsuccessful in utilizing various treatments to rehabilitate the injury in time to save the fight. He tried “daily therapies of blood plasma and various cocktails of drugs,” but none worked. He couldn’t afford the prescribed two to three weeks of rest in the middle of camp and still be prepared to face Hamilton.

Aside from pulling out of the fight with Hamilton, Cro Cop also sounds as if he is pulling the plug on his career… again.

“I am aware that I have come to the end of his martial training,” said Cro Cop, adding that he has been through numerous operations over the course of his career and that his body has become more and more prone to injury.

Having fought at a high level in both kickboxing and mixed martial arts since the mid-1990s, Cro Cop has roughly 80 bouts under his belt. Aside from his recent fights for the UFC, he spent the majority of his career competing in Pride Fighting Championships and K-1. He competed against the likes of Fedor Emelianenko, Wanderlei Silva, Josh Barnett, Junior dos Santos, Frank Mir, Kevin Randleman, and many, many others.

Cro Cop briefly retired from mixed martial arts following a 2011 loss to Roy Nelson, but returned a little over a year later to fight in Japan. He returned to the UFC earlier this year with a victory over Gabriel Gonzaga, but after having to pull out of the fight with Hamilton, it sounds as if Cro Cop is satisfied with his accomplishments, and is unwilling to continue the assault on his health.

“Sooner or later comes a time when a man has only his health,” Cro Cop said. “I really had a long and rich career and I believe I left a deep mark in the martial arts.”

Source:http://www.mmaweekly.com/mirko-cro-cop-out-at-ufc-seoul-with-injury-says-hes-done-fighting

- Mirko retired with two wins, since there's a rumor that UFC is mad at him because they discovered about his retiriment via internet.

I have learnt my lesson well
The truth is out there I can tell
Don't look back and don't give in to their lies and goodbyes
Northern star

Fulfill the longing in your heart
Then we will never be apart
And if they dare to question you
Just tell them that our love is true
They buy your dreams so they can sell your soul
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:32 am

haha, mirko doing to ufc what ufc does to fighters and they get pissed?

fuck them,
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:17 pm

word is he got busted for a failed drug test, and retired first
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:02 am

UFC doing what the always do. Like Winnson said before and I'm paraphrasing How many fighters walk away from the UFC clean?

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:27 am

Canuckster wrote:word is he got busted for a failed drug test, and retired first

- Isn't of the realm of the UFC to thrown a man legacy under the buss with a fake drug test.
They know who is dopping and pretend they don't see.

They did the same with Anderson and Diaz just to pretend that those drug tests are legitimy.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:29 am

Som-Pong wrote:UFC doing what the always do. Like Winnson said before and I'm paraphrasing How many fighters walk away from the UFC clean?

- This.^^
They always tarnish a fighter legacy, that's the biggest thing a fighter has.

They tried the same with GSP, did the same with Anderson and Nick.

And it's always the fan favorites too.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:28 am

I agree, is why I didn't say it like I believe it.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:15 am

I don't get the big deal of roiding. Let people fucking do it.
On a second note I hear that Tim Sharky Ward is offering 10k aus dollars to fight him. I might take that shit, I need the money and I've beat a fair few built 120 kg fellas in my days.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:03 pm

Go for it.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:23 pm

It will make you famous no doubt

Return to “Super Dojo”