Recent K-1 event *with videos*

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Luigi

Recent K-1 event *with videos*

Postby Luigi » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:03 am

K-1 had their most recent event about a month ago. I stayed up till like 5 am watching it with friends. They released the videos on youtube last week and I just noticed them now so here are the main fights:

1. Johannes Wolf Vs Hirotaka Urabe
For years the 60kg/130lbs division was ruled by Koya Urabe, until last year when he got knocked out by his own brother, Hirotaka. Now Hirotaka must take up the challenge of being a world champion and face the world's best. Johannes Wolf started as a champion in "full contact rules" which means you can't use lowkicks. Basically its Europe's PKA. He became the European champion of 122 lbs then became a double champion gaining the 130 lbs title. He then transitioned to K-1 rules and has been a beast to say the least. Here is their fight:

2. Kaew Fairtex vs Massaro Glunder - 145lbs/65kg title fight
Kaew Fairtex is a former Muay Thai Lumpinee stadium champion who transitioned beautify to kickboxing. He is basically Buakaw but still young and 10 lbs lighter. He is now the K-1 champion and is defending his title. Glunder is a young beastly prospect from the mean streets of Amsterdam. Despite still being fairly young he has been beating elite competition. He is basically a 2010 Jon Jones of kickboxing, but weighting 145 lbs. Repping the Dutch style he always brings it and his fights tend to get aggressive.

3. 145lbs/65kg Grand Prix
While this is technically the Grand Prix of Japan, most of the 145 lbs elite guys are Japanese, so this is basically the world grand prix missing a few guys. Click spoiler #1 for the finals, spoiler #2 for the semis, and spoiler #3 for all the other fights:

Spoiler:
Final: Yamazaki Hideaki vs Noiri Masaaki
Yamazaki, known as The Golden Fist, is basically a combination of Sexyama and Robbie Lawler. He is devilishly handsome and after a long career is finally hitting his stride and entering the realm of the elite. Noiri has been the young superstar of Japan for a while. He is super young, like 21 I think, and he is an absolute killer. He KO's elite guys all the time and came into the tournament as the favorite to win.

Spoiler:
1. Yuta Kubo vs Hideaki Yamazaki. Kubo is a former GLORY world champion and Yamazaki is a guy who has recently reached the elite level

2. Hiroya vs Noiri Masaaki. These were probably the two best guys going into this tournament and when I watched it I basically thought winner wins it all.

Spoiler:

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:52 am

- I didn`t knew about this event.
Hope someone get the rights of K1 and make the event big again.

Thank you for posting Luigi.

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:25 pm

K-1 is still really big, its just smaller than it used to be because Japan had a crazy obsession with it in the 90s and early 2000s.

Return to “Super Dojo”