Jon Jones says he 'feels great enough to fight at UFC 200

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Jon Jones says he 'feels great enough to fight at UFC 200

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:48 am

By Dave Doyle@davedoylemma on Apr 24, 2016

LAS VEGAS -- In the time between Jon Jones earning a unanimous decision victory over Ovince Saint Preux in the main event of UFC 197 and the start of the post fight press conference, word surfaced on Twitter that Jones was seen behind the scenes at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in a wheelchair.

So, does that mean we might not get the expected UFC 200 showdown with current UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier after all?

Not so fast, said Jones.

"I feel great enough to fight at UFC 200, for sure," said Jones, who walked into the presser under his own power, albeit with a slight limp."

Jones said that once he got back to the locker room, he felt pain in his left shin and his left leg, which he believes was from connecting on the kick late in the fight which broke OSP's left arm.

"My shin was swollen, my left shin was swollen, my left foot was swollen," Jones said. "When my adrenaline came down, I was in a lot of pain, so the wheelchair was there. But once I got the shoe on my foot, everything is a little more compressed now."

Jones is adamant he's going to be good to go if he gets the call to face Cormier on July 9.

"I know by Wednesday," Jones said. "I'll be back in the gym getting ready for Daniel Cormier."

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/24/11496890/jon-jones-says-he-feels-great-enough-to-fight-at-ufc-200
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”