Dana White hopes to find new fight for Nate Diaz at UFC 200

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Dana White hopes to find new fight for Nate Diaz at UFC 200

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:00 am

By Dave Doyle@davedoylemma

Nate Diaz has made his stance on UFC 200 clear: He's either getting his rematch with Conor McGregor or he's going on vacation.

But it sounds like UFC president Dana White hasn't given up on the idea of giving Stockton's finest another opportunity to step into the cage on July 9 in Las Vegas.

At Wednesday's UFC 200 press conference at New York's Madison Square Garden, White said they're going to try to offer Diaz other potential opponents at T-Mobile Arena.

"We're going to offer him some fights and see what he wants to do. It sounded like he wanted Conor and only Conor at the press conference but we gave him the opportunity to come. I didn't want to rip him off of the opportunity to fight at 200 if he wanted."

With 10 fights announced, including three title fights, UFC 200 is already a robust card, but White indicated there will be more fights announced, whether or not that includes Diaz.

"We expect it to be big and it will be big," White said. "We just added [Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones] to the card and we're not done."

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/27/11521352/dana-white-hopes-to-find-new-fight-for-nate-diaz-at-ufc-200
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

What

Postby What » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:22 am

my adhd does not have the attention span for megalith mma promotions like this, it makes me want to curl up in the corner of my shower and masterbate and cry

seriously fuck off and play your cards UFC you bald headed chicken fucker cunts

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:33 am

I am still hoping they are pulling a move out of the PRIDEFC playbook, and are purposely building the card slowly to grow anticipation.

Remember how they used to do that? Main events sometimes were not dropped until like a week before!

It seems so stupid of Dana/Zuffa not to still do Nate/Conor... both are ready to go, both wanna do it, fans wanna see it... etc

Could you see a scenario where they all know its gonna happen, and this is just a scripted drama to build hype/let Conor train, and at the last minute Dana will 'change his mind'? -would seem like a good marketing gimmick to me

I'd fall for it, lol

Return to “Super Dojo”