Gray Maynard makes featherweight debut

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Gray Maynard makes featherweight debut

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri May 13, 2016 8:19 am

against Fernando Bruno

By Dave Doyle@davedoylemma on May 12, 2016

Veteran Gray Maynard is betting a change in weight class will bring a change of momentum.

Maynard, who turned 37 this week, will make his featherweight debut against Fernando Bruno on July 8 at The Ultimate Fighter Finale in Las Vegas. The Las Vegas Review-Journal initially reported the bout Thursday.

The hard-hitting Maynard (11-5-1) came a hair's breadth from winning the lightweight title from Frankie Edgar in a memorable pair of 2011 matchups, the first of which, a draw at UFC 125, was considered by many the fighter of the year.

But since losing the rematch to Edgar at UFC 136, Maynard's never quite been able to regin his stride, including losses in his past four fights.

Maynard will face Bruno, a 34-year-old Nova Uniao fighter with a 15-3 record. Bruno was submitted by Glaico Franca with 14 seconds remaining in their UFC 190 bout in his UFC debut. That snapped a four-fight win streak.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/12/11668952/gray-maynard-makes-featherweight-debut-against-fernando-bruno
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Duh Ogre

Postby Duh Ogre » Tue May 17, 2016 8:44 pm

Jesus, his weight cut before was crazy, but this one is ridiculous. He's going to look like a James Irvin at weigh ins.

Return to “Super Dojo”