Minotauro to be inducted into UFC Hall of Fame

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Minotauro to be inducted into UFC Hall of Fame

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon May 16, 2016 7:09 am

By Luke Thomas @SBNLukeThomas on May 15, 2016

Former PRIDE and interim UFC heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira will be inducted into the UFC's Hall of Fame as part of the 2016 class and into the pioneer wing. The UFC made the news official during the UFC 198 pay-per-view broadcast.

"I'm really excited to announce Minotauro Nogueira as the first inductee of the 2016 UFC Hall of Fame class," UFC President Dana White said via press release. "Big Nog is a mixed martial arts legend and, as an icon of the sport, we couldn't think of a more fitting platform to make this announcement then at the record-breaking stadium event in Brazil. Nogueira is a true pioneer and we look forward to celebrating his career with all the fight fans in July at the UFC Fan Expo."

The induction of the 2016 Hall of Fame class will take place on Sunday, July 10 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Nogueira, 39, is one of the most decorated heavyweight mixed martial arts competitors ever, having held titles in the two most prominent organizations in the sport's history. He holds notable wins over a who's who list of heavyweight and super heavyweight competitors including Mirko Cro Cop, Tim Sylvia, Randy Couture, Heath Herring, Josh Barnett, Ricco Rodriguez, Fabricio Werdum, Sergei Kharitonov, Dan Henderson, Mark Coleman, Volk Han, Bob Sapp and many more.

'Minotauro' began fighting professionally in 1999 and made a name for himself early with standout performances in the Rings tournaments, which he eventually won in 2000 after submitting Valentijn Overeem in February of 2001.

He fought in 21 bouts for PRIDE, capturing and losing the heavyweight title (to Fedor Emelianenko) along the way, before debuting in the Octagon in July of 2007. He fought 11 times for the UFC, winning the interim heavyweight title against Sylvia in February of 2008.

His professional record stands 34-10-1 with 1 no-contest.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/15/11677334/antonio-rodrigo-nogueira-to-be-inducted-into-ufc-hall-of-fame
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue May 17, 2016 1:17 pm

Minotauro is/one of my all-time favourites. Too bad his UFC run was so shitty.

When he appeared in PRIDE it changed my whole world. I love cheering for him so much it was stupid

By the time he got to UFC he was already a shell of his former self, all broken and stiff

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue May 17, 2016 3:27 pm

Masato wrote:Minotauro is/one of my all-time favourites. Too bad his UFC run was so shitty.

When he appeared in PRIDE it changed my whole world. I love cheering for him so much it was stupid

By the time he got to UFC he was already a shell of his former self, all broken and stiff

- It`s was the price that he willing paid.

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”