A McGregor Theory

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

A McGregor Theory

Postby Masato » Mon May 16, 2016 11:36 am

Hey all

I have a wacky theory. I'm sure others have thought it but I haven't seen it discussed yet and was wondering what everyone thought of its plausibility

- Could McGregor Diaz 2 been pulled for a longshot chance of a fight with MAYWEATHER ?

It still made no sense to me that they pulled that fight for UFC 200... it was huge money, everyone wanted it, yet Dana just tossed it for reasons that frankly didn't make much sense. He says he is still on good terms with Conor, which also makes no sense because Conor probably lost MILLIONS as a result.

Mayweather dropping hints that it may happen, etc...

Point is that a Conor-Mayweather fight would be HUGE... but if Conor were to lose to Diaz again it would really sour that deal.

Could UFC be protecting Conor while they try to negotiate it?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon May 16, 2016 10:24 pm

Hey not so wacky after all:

:shock:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/5/16/11 ... g-mcgregor

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Tue May 17, 2016 10:12 am

Not gonna happen man. And I just read your book whilst on the shitter so I am a prophet,

Duh Ogre

Postby Duh Ogre » Tue May 17, 2016 8:43 pm

I'm just going to come out and say it, anybody who honestly believes McGregor is going to box or fight Floyd in any fashion is dumb. THERE, I SAID IT!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue May 17, 2016 8:50 pm

^ What about some kind of mixed rules?

For instance, do you think Mayweather would do better, or worse, if the contest was with the UFC gloves?

I am fantasizing some kind of hybrid match, 1 round boxing, 1 round MMA etc.

There is money in this. Floyd is talking about it. Dana and Conor staying mum, playing the 'I didn't show up to the press conference' fairytale. No way they would give up that fight for 'what's right', lol

Maybe I am dumb
:D

Duh Ogre

Postby Duh Ogre » Tue May 17, 2016 9:47 pm

He would do better with the UFC gloves for sure. Straight boxing match, Conor doesn't stand a chance. And I don't think the athletic commission would let a hybrid match go down any longer. Although I could be wrong.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed May 18, 2016 2:35 am

Floyd would never agree to mixed rules. He needed Pacquiao to bend to his every demand even within the marques of Queensbury. This could happen to get some casuals to buy it, but every fight fan knows it would just be Floyd jabbing McGregor all night and McGregor making crazy faces while he is slowly outpointed every round.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed May 18, 2016 9:01 am

Masato wrote:^ What about some kind of mixed rules?

For instance, do you think Mayweather would do better, or worse, if the contest was with the UFC gloves?

- Floyd hands are frail as crystal, he would break them on the first jab. His only chance would be on a boxing match, he cound`t knockout today Ken Shamrock. Conor would look like Buvaisar Saitiev grappling Floyd Mayweather

I am fantasizing some kind of hybrid match, 1 round boxing, 1 round MMA etc.

There is money in this. Floyd is talking about it. Dana and Conor staying mum, playing the 'I didn't show up to the press conference' fairytale. No way they would give up that fight for 'what's right', lol

Maybe I am dumb
:D

- It`s a marketing plot, Conor probably signed with Floyd sport`s promotion.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”