Coleman asks UFC to induct Kevin Randleman in Hall of Fame

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Coleman asks UFC to induct Kevin Randleman in Hall of Fame

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:00 pm

Emotional Mark Coleman asks UFC to induct Kevin Randleman in Hall of Fame ‘sooner than later'

By Shaun Al-Shatti@shaunalshatti on Jul 12, 2016

LAS VEGAS -- Mark Coleman made history Sunday when he became the latest fighter to have his name enshrined in two separate wings of the UFC Hall of Fame, but his thoughts remained with his departed Hammer House teammate, former UFC heavyweight champion and Pride FC icon Kevin Randleman.

"One of my best friends, my teammate, my training partner, Kevin ‘The Monster' Randleman, he's not with us, but he deserves to be up here right now instead of me," Coleman said through tears. "So get him in here, UFC. Get him in the Hall of Fame, man."

Coleman, whose 1998 bout against Pete Williams was honored at the event, had been campaigning for Randleman to be part of the 2016 Hall of Fame class since Randleman tragically passed away in February at the age of 44.

"His actions and his highlights and his record and what he accomplished speaks for itself," Coleman recently told MMA Fighting. "There is no reason why Kevin shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame. None. You see the outreach from the whole world who loves him. It's simple. He should be in the Hall of Fame. He deserves to be in the Hall of Fame."

Full read at the link http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/12/12143512/emotional-mark-coleman-asks-ufc-to-induct-kevin-randleman-in-hall-of
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:19 am

I remember Randleman more for his classic battles in Pride. In the UFC he fought more conservatively.

Return to “Super Dojo”