Erick Silva, Viscardi Andrade to meet in grappling match in

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Erick Silva, Viscardi Andrade to meet in grappling match in

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:17 am

Erick Silva, Viscardi Andrade to meet in grappling match in Brazil

By Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Sep 12, 2016

Two UFC welterweights will meet outside the Octagon in October.

Brazilian 170-pounders Erick Silva and Viscardi Andrade are set to collide in a 10-minute, no-gi, openweight grappling match at ADCC’s Trofeu Brasil event in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on Oct. 29. MMA Fighting has confirmed the match with multiple sources.

Silva, who hasn’t grappled in years, is scheduled to return to the UFC cage on Sept. 24 against Luan Chagas. Before facing Andrade in Sao Paulo, the 32-year-old Brazilian looks to bounce back to the win column in the Octagon following losses to Neil Magny and Nordine Taleb.

Andrade competed at the last edition of the Trofeu Brasil in November 2015, tapping longtime MMA veteran Jorge Patino with a Peruvian necktie in a 185-pound match. He’s currently suspended in MMA after being flagged for a potential USADA violation following his in over Richard Walsh in March.

"I’m excited to defend this title I just won against fight Erick Silva now," Andrade told MMA Fighting. "Erick is a great athlete and he also fights in the welterweight division, so it’s going to be a great match. We have the same body type and we want the win, so it’s going to be an exciting match for the fans.

"I don’t have anything set with the UFC right now, so I’ll focus on training grappling for the next two months. We always train on the ground, but we also have to train other martial arts, too. This time, I’ll focus more on this and put on a great performance to come out with the win. I want to keep this title."

Trofeu Brasil will also feature tournaments that will pay cash prizes to its winners, and also guarantees a spot in the official qualifier for ADCC 2017. The upcoming edition of ADCC will take place from Sept. 22 to 24 in Helsinki, Finland, and also feature a grappling match between Matt Hughes and Renzo Gracie.

A superfight between Andre Galvao and Claudio Calasans is also expected for ADCC 2017 but contracts are yet to be signed. ATT coach Ricardo Liborio, who defeated Ze Mario Sperry at ADCC 2015, is also expected to compete in Finland.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/12/12890182/ufcs-erick-silva-viscardi-andrade-to-meet-in-grappling-match-in-brazil
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:12 am

Great! I like that Silva kid a lot

Please keep us posted as we approach the match, Edge... I have a nasty tendency to forget such things :D

Return to “Super Dojo”