UFC Champions should get PENSIONS

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

UFC Champions should get PENSIONS

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:28 am

What an incentive!

We all know an MMA fighter's career is short, and even if they get the belt it is still likely not enough to live off for the rest of their lives.

UFC should offer minimal PENSIONS to anyone who can grab dat gold. If you defend it your pension goes up.

I think that would be a great perk - respectful to the fighters and their career

Also we wouldn't have to see things like this:

Being inducted to the Hall of Fame may be a nice honor but it does nothing to help his broke-ass

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:19 am

- I agree. Hall of famers should get a pension.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

What

Postby What » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:56 pm

modern gladiators less a pension

it is sad for a fighter to hit the end of the road like Coleman did. he was a warrior and for our entertainment, provided by the promoters was never afforded an adequate amount to autonomously care for him. This is either poor management or money management. When young we are all invincible, we are all the same

on that note I used to always hear a friend say, "save some of that energy and good structure for later, you will need it". Truer words never been said as I am after 50 and less that 52

Mark looks way older than his years and that is part and parcel of the game, its brutality on the body, mind and soul

All warriors should retire as gracefully as they can. Good luck to Mark Coleman and yes some sort of pension should be inculcated into the sanctioning bodies of these athletes. The fines for abuse by participants should help pay for such a pension fund

oh and fuck the UFC, not the event but the dirty past and hopefully not future money grubbing owners

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:44 am

What wrote:on that note I used to always hear a friend say, "save some of that energy and good structure for later, you will need it".

yeah some wisdom in there. Sad part is we often don't internalize wisdom until we are forced to experience it directly. Try telling a 20-year old snowboarder to ease up and not put so much impact on his knees and see if he listens, lol

Back to pensions, I keep thinking about it; fighters strive to get the BELT. It is a symbol that as a fighter you have 'made it'... achieved the highest level of the sport, etc. But what is it really worth? Its just a symbol!

Imagine if champions got pensions, it would add a whole other dimension to the accomplishment/goal of wanting to become champ. If you work so hard as to climb to the top and become UFC champ, you not only know you have reached the top, but you also know that reaching top now means that you have succeeded in turning your passion into something that will take care of you and your family for the rest of your life.

The way the sport is now, these poor family-men who have chosen to make MMA their life are just heading off a cliff. Even if they make it to the top the money will NOT last long. Their kids will grow, the fighters will age, and especially in the US where healthcare is so fucked,, etc.

FIghters should get pensions. It is the top prize in the sport. If you achieve it you know you have made it and will be OK, you have earned something more than just a belt.

If you disagree, go think of poor Ken Shamrock. Oh, wait, he was never champ was he?
OK fuck him then.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:43 pm

Ken was indeed the champ. The first ufc superfight champ, defeating dan Severn at ufc 6, this was later renamed the ufc heavyweight champ, I don't think he managed to defend it though.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:49 pm

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Super Dojo”