Bellator event in Italy on Dec. 10

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Bellator event in Italy on Dec. 10

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:16 pm

Bellator to do next tandem kickboxing/MMA event in Italy on Dec. 10

By MMA Fighting Newswire Sep 22, 2016

Bellator Kickboxing and Bellator MMA are going to share a fight card again, this time in Florence, Italy.

The promotion announced that Bellator 167 and Bellator Kickboxing: Florence will take place on Dec. 20 at the Mandela Forum, featuring an MMA bout between Italy's own longtime veteran Alessio Sakara (18-11-2) and Joey Beltran (17-13-1).

The kickboxing side will feature an inaugural flyweight title bout between Dutch fighter Denise Kielholtz and Gloria Peritore, a rematch to their fight back in June. Both events will be broadcast on SPIKE TV, with details as to what time still yet to come.

Also announced for the combo event will be the Bellator kickboxing debut of popular Italian fighter Georgio Petrosyan, with Raymond Daniels, Kevin Ross and Joe Schilling "likely" to compete on the card.

"International expansion was a major goal for us in 2016, and I feel that we've really nailed it thus far," Bellator president Scott Coker stated in the release. "After the incredible success of our first event in Italy this past April where we packed the Pala Alpitour with over 14,000 people, we knew that we wanted to return for a second go-round before the end of the year. With our great partner Carlo DiBlasi and his team at Oktagon, we are looking forward to another epic event on Dec. 10."

The 35-year-old Sakara, who originally hails from Rome, is coming off a knockout victory over Brian Rogers in his Bellator debut back in April in Torino. "Legionarius" has won back-to-back fights after four losses in a row to close out his stint in the UFC and a no-contest against Maciej Browarski back in 2014.

This will be the sixth fight for Beltran under the Bellator banner, and the former heavyweight has gone 2-3 in those bouts. In his last fight, Beltran dropped a narrow split decision to Chase Gormley back at Bellator 155 in May.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/22/13005658/bellator-to-do-next-tandem-kickboxing-mma-event-in-italy-on-dec-10
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:21 pm

It will be interesting to see if Peritore can pull off the upset again, I'm sure she will still be the underdog. As much as this will probably be a can crushing event, I thought that last time and Gajji lost to some East Euro guy.

Return to “Super Dojo”