Minakov Contract dispute with Bellator

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Minakov Contract dispute with Bellator

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:58 am

delaying UFC debut

Former Bellator heavyweight champion Vitaly Minakov revealed that an ongoing contract dispute with his promotion is the reason why he hasn’t already signed with the UFC.

As far as Vitaly Minakov is concerned, he would already be fighting for the UFC had Bellator not interfered.

BloodyElbow's Karim Zidan confirmed that Minakov will likely transition to the UFC in 2017. Speaking to Russian outlet izvestia.ru, the former heavyweight champion revealed that this was indeed likely to be the case, though he was uncertain when the move would occur because of Bellator's "strange" behaviour.

"I had signed a contract with [Bellator], not based on the number of matches, but for a certain period of three years," said Minakov. "The three years have elapsed but the conditions if you are the champions of the organization, and I was to them, is that they have the right to extend once for six months and twice for three months. And they did.

"My agreement with Bellator will expire in a few months. But now there is strange behavior on their part. They insist that I have to perform a few more fights under their banner, although the contract does not have a word about the number of fights. Now this issue is being studied by my lawyer."

Full read http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/9/15/12927102/vitaly-minakov-contract-dispute-with-bellator-delaying-ufc-debut-mma-news-russia
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”