Rizin FF 2 results:

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Rizin FF 2 results:

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:07 pm

By Danny Segura @DannySeguraTV

t was morning with many submissions topped off by arguably the best grappler on the card earning a rear-naked choke victory.

Kron Gracie, who fought MMA veteran Hideo Tokoro in the main event of Rizin FF 2, lived up to his family name by earning his earning his third straight submission victory. Facing the toughest test of his young career, Gracie handled the fight like a champ. The Brazilian controlled Tokoro on the ground for the majority of the fight, taking his back and constantly threatening with the rear-naked choke. But it was towards the end of the round when Gracie was able to sink in the choke.

In the main opening fight of the open-weight tournament, Mirko Cro Cop submitted Hyun Man Myung with an arm triangle in the first round. Cro Cop looked as sharp as ever, getting Myung to the ground and completely dominating him there. After the fight, Cro Cop asked for a trilogy fight with Wanderlei Silva and he got it. The fight was set up right in the center of the ring, and they're now scheduled to fight for a third time on Dec. 29.

Additionally in the tournament, Kaito Hoovelson, Jiri Prochazka, Szymon Bajor, and Valentin Moldavsky outpointed their opponents, moving on the tournament, and Amir Aliakbari defeated Joao Almeida via technical knockout.

Also, former UFC fighter Daron Cruickshank picked up a submission win over kickboxer Andy Souwer. There wasn't much of a fight here. Much like CM Punk vs. Mickey Gall, but maybe a bit longer. Cruickshank shot in for a takedown early in the fight and immediately moved to side control. There, Cruickshank attempted an americana several times but failed, so he just moved to mount. From mount position, Cruickshank landed some punches, and then caught Souwer's back, as Souwer was trying to escape, and sinked in the rear-naked choke, tapping out Souwer in the first round.

The most colorful character in the Rizin FF 2 card picked up a knockout win in less than ten seconds. That's right, the 36-year-old Charles Bennett knocked out kickboxing veteran Minoru Kimura with the first punch thrown. Kimura rushed toward Bennett and jumped for a flying knee, and in mid air got caught with a right from 'Krazy Horse' that dropped him to the canvas. Bennett then followed up with ground-and-pound, and the referee called off the fight.

In his post-fight interview, Bennet asked for $300,000 to fight Wanderlei Silva, who was sitting ring side, and said that Silva was still "salty" from from allegedly getting knocked out by Bennett back stage in a Pride FC event in 2005.

In the opening fight of the card, Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Gabi Garcia took on Destanie Yarbrough. It was bizarre sight as these two massive women clashed against each other. Yarbrough actually had some good moments in the fight, as the 200-plus pound fighter moved surprisingly light, tagging Garcia with a few jabs and leg kicks. However, that wasn't enough to stop the bomb rushes that Garcia would put out.

With about three minutes left in the first round, Garcia snapped down Yarbrough, spun around to take her back, and began to unleash heavy ground and pound, including knees to the head. Yarbrough eventually folded and rolled to her back, and that's when Garcia's jiu-jitsu kicked in. The jiu-jitsu world champion mounted Yarbrough and submitted her with an americana with ease. Garcia remains undefeated in MMA and is now 3-0 as a professional fighter.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/25/13046618/rizin-ff-2-results-kron-gracie-gabi-garcia-cro-cop-cruickshank-score
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:36 am

I wanna see some fight links...!

Canuckster posted the Cruckshank fight on facebook, it was a brilliant display of jitz

I wanna watch the Kron fight, I am a big fan of his.

Was cool to hear Heath Herring on the commentary. He is not very good but I like him lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:02 pm

LOL here is Krazyhorse calling out 'Candy'lei Silva :D :D :D

MMA is a different thing over in Japan, I really miss that vibe a lot. Legit fights mixed in with some fun and spectacle, no shame about it. So great

there was some history with them getting into a fight backstage at PRIDE a bunch of years ago but I forget how it went down

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:08 pm

Here is Kron's fight:

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:10 am

Krazy Horse did KO Wanderlei and then got stomped by the chute boxe team.

Albrektsson trains out of my old gym.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:42 pm

Rena used her standing submissions skills in MMA, which was cool. Apparently Barnett is her grappling coach. Poor Souwer got grapplefucked. I didn't expect Cruickshank to go that route.

It was funny when Crazy Horse started talking about Candylei and then paused for the translator, but there is a solid few seconds where she was just like: ......wtf is he talking about? :lol:

Return to “Super Dojo”