Chechnya Puts on Kids MMA Event

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Chechnya Puts on Kids MMA Event

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:11 pm

Apparently Fedor called this out/criticized it... also saw a headline that the Chachnyan dictator put the event together?

LOL I don't know what's true but it's getting a lot of buzz:

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:45 pm

- That`s horrible.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:47 am

I need to find some info, I scanned some fast articles and headlines, something about the promoter doing it in support of Putin? lol then Fedor publicly condemning it?

What a crazy event.

USA can't knock Russia for not being liberal enough this time, lol

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:41 pm

Masato wrote:I need to find some info, I scanned some fast articles and headlines, something about the promoter doing it in support of Putin? lol then Fedor publicly condemning it?

What a crazy event.

USA can't knock Russia for not being liberal enough this time, lol

- Fedor spoke.
I don`t know how to embed twitters on this forum.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/fedor-called-out-chechen-dictator-for-child-mma.3363465/
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:22 am

I would have no problem with it if they banned face punches.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:40 pm

Fedor criticized Chechen dictator for child MMA fights, gets threatened by Kadyrov’s cronies

Fedor Emelaienenko spoke out against Ramzan Kadyrov’s child MMA fights and was threatened repeatedly as a result.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/10/6/13 ... ce=twitter

Chechnya’s strongman ruler Ramzan Kadyrov hosted the latest World Fight Championships of Akhmat (WFCA) event on October 4, a show that featured WSOF flyweight champion Magmoed Bibulatov, former Bellator fighter Magomedrasul ‘Frodo’ Khasbulaev and others. However, in a baffling decision, the unsavory ruler placed his own children in MMA fights on the professional show.

The oldest of Kadyrov’s children, Akhmad, is 11 years old and weighs 30 kilograms. He eventually won his fight by KO. The other two sons, 10 and 9 years old, won unanimous decisions and were awarded miniaturized belts for their efforts while Kadyrov’s henchmen celebrated around them.

The next day, the President of the Russian MMA Union, Fedor Emelianenko, criticized Kadyrov’s promotion for hosting child fights.

“What happened at the tournament in Grozny is unacceptable and, moreover, cannot be justified,” he wrote on his social media account. “Needless to say that kids under age of 12 cannot even attend MMA fights (in Russia) as spectators, but here we had little ones as young as eight beating each other up in front of happy adults.

“I am outraged by the fact that the head of Chechnya was watching over it. Didn’t [the Chechen] sports minister tell him about the fact that children under 12 cannot participate in MMA under any circumstances?”

Fedor’s criticism was met with public humiliation and threats from the Chechen people, mainly Kadyrov’s fighters and cronies. UFC lightweight contender Khabib Nurmagomedov, WSOF flyweight champion Magomed Bibulatov, Akhmat MMA president Abuzayed Vismuradov, and others all had choice words for Fedor for his decision to stand against them.

One of Kadyrov’s closest allies, State Duma rep Adam Delimkhanov, even threatened that Fedor will be “held responsible for his words against Kadyrov’s children.”

It was later reported that the Russian Sports Ministry will launch an investigation into the matter.

Return to “Super Dojo”