Five fights added to UFC 206

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Five fights added to UFC 206

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:27 pm

by Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Oct 6, 2016

UFC 206 will feature a rematch between Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson, and the promotion officially announced five other match-ups to the Dec. 10 card at Toronto’s Air Canada Centre.

Lando Vannata (8-1), who impressed in his Octagon debut despite losing to lightweight contender Tony Ferguson, returns to the Octagon in a 155-pound bout against John Makdessi (14-5), who put an end to a two-fight losing streak with a decision victory over Mehdi Baghdad in July.

In the strawweight division, former title contender Valerie Letourneau takes on Nova Uniao’s Poliana Botelho. Letourneau (8-5) looks to get back on track following consecutive losses to Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Joanne Calderwood, while Botelho (5-1) makes her Octagon debut after winning three straight in Brazil.

Canada’s own Olivier Aubin-Mercier (8-2), who stopped Thibault Gouti in UFC’s last trip to Ottawa in June, is set to take on Drew Dober in a lightweight clash. Dober (17-7, 1 NC) enters the cage coming off victories over Jason Gonzales and Scott Holtzman in 2016.

Also in the lightweight division, Rustam Khabilov meets Canadian talent Jason Saggo. Khabilov (20-3) is going for his fourth straight victory in 2016 after a trio of decisions, while Saggo (12-2) attempts his third win this year after topping Justin Salas and Leandro Silva.

The fifth bout set for UFC 206 features former flyweight title contender John Moraga and Zach Makovsky, and both desperately need a win in the UFC. Moraga (16-5) has his back against the wall following losses to Joseph Benavidez and Matheus Nicolau, while Makovsky (19-7) looks to get back on track after losing three of his last four fights.

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/6/13163888/five-fights-added-to-ufc-206
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”