The Korean Zombieannounces UFC return

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

The Korean Zombieannounces UFC return

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:00 am

challenges BJ Penn

by Shaun Al-Shatti @shaunalshatti Oct 18, 2016

One of the most exciting fighters in the featherweight division is ready to make his return.

One of the most exciting fighters in the featherweight division is ready to make his return.

Chan Sung Jung, a WEC veteran and one-time UFC title challenger affectionately nicknamed "The Korean Zombie," announced Tuesday on Facebook that after more than three years away from mixed martial arts, he is officially gearing up for his reintroduction to the Octagon. He also already has a big-name opponent in mind for his comeback.

"For the past six months, there's a fighter that I've been wanting to fight: B.J. Penn," Jung said. "When the B.J. Penn (vs. Ricardo) Lamas fight was announced, I thought I missed my chance. But, then I heard that B.J. Penn had a rib injury, so I kind of felt like maybe it was an opportunity for me. It would be great timing if B.J. Penn and I were ready to come back at the same time.

"Since he was at lightweight before, I never really thought about fighting him that much. But when he came down to featherweight, I would think that all of the fighters in the division would have liked to fight him. I'm one of them. Since I'm making my comeback, and B.J. is going to be coming back as well, I'd really like a chance to fight him."

Jung, 29, has not fought since losing a featherweight title bid against Jose Aldo in Aug. 2013 at UFC 163 after dislocating his shoulder midway through the fourth round. Following the setback, Jung was forced to put his MMA career on hold in Oct. 2014 to fulfill his two-year mandatory military service required of male South Korean citizens,

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/18/13321608/the-korean-zombie-chan-sung-jung-announces-ufc-return-wants-to-fight
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”